Road rage

Longtravel

Since this is all over social media now, someone will come forward with some truths in the matter...

Right now all we have is speculation of what he did, she did or says.

Theres lot of aggression towards cyclists now based on this incident when I was going through the initial post on FB, theres some faarken psychos out there who will feel fokkkol to flatten a roadie.

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I see lots of cyclists above jumping to defend a fellow cyclist who did something WRONG, namely to damage someone elses vehicle. 

What he did was WRONG. It sure as hell was NOT self defense. No justification i.m.h.o. (just like there is NEVER justification for violence against women).

On the available information, I side with the car owner. Until the cyclist can convince me otherwise.

Even hiding behind a keyboard some have testosterone malfunction. 

Absolutely no indication that the damage to the car was there before the incident.

Speculating about it does not make it any more true than to say that perhaps an elephant rubbed against the car while it was stopped at the traffic light.

Jumping to conclusions without all the facts doesn't give you any moral high ground

There must be a lot more to this story.

I was nearly hit by a car last week on Main Road in Bryanston (who went through a red traffic light) and believe me, I would've kicked his car to pieces had he stopped at the next red light (which he also jumped).

A cyclist should be entitled to his/her own lane. Who gives a **** if he is 2 abreast. Stay wider of the rider

in the yellow fine, but not in the road, even the law requires you to ride single file!

in the yellow fine, but not in the road, even the law requires you to ride single file!

it's that selectivity of rules for selfish purposes that reveals the attitude that gets road users into crap. Good thing there's a darwin award waiting for those bobble heads.

According to the driver the cyclist overtook the others (legal); came into the road infront of us (legal).

The vehicle should only overtook the cyclists when safe to do so.

The cyclist will eventually meet his match and have his frame buckled. Being a dwis always bites you in the ass.

According to the driver the cyclist overtook the others (legal) - correct

; came into the road infront of us (legal). - with out looking to see it there was traffic - careless

The vehicle should only overtook the cyclists when safe to do so. - Driving in their lane - Legal

Swerved to avoid hitting cyclist and hooted - Legal

The cyclist should have put up his hand for being careless and that would have been the end of it and lucky no one got hurt. Everything after that is down to the cyclist being triggered and over reacting.

Edited by Barry_W

Seems like a case of reckless driving spooked the cyclist and he lost it. Motorist now claims to be the victim. I'm not taking sides. I see too many of these incidents every weekend to realise *** drivers and cyclists with anger issues don't mix well

Making it up as you are going along?

Sometimes we need to cut each other some slack. I for one would surely give the cyclist some grace if it turns out that he lost a friend in the accident where the Taxi ploughed into the bunch at Cycle4Cansa or some similar incident and this lady who came waaaaaay to close to a bunch by the sounds of it made him think his time has come...

Happy to flame the cyclist if he has no proper excuse, just like we flamed the oke in the cradle with that hideous cycle top who went apes&*t

post-27827-0-11642200-1568488226_thumb.png

Edited by Swift&Aero

So a few observations here:

1. It was on William Nicol and the club rides do not go there at all, so this could not have been a Cycle Lab group. Also, there is a ton of branding (you can't miss the vehicle or the riders).

2. While its nonsense for the rider in question to damage the car in that manner (unless the driver really did take an intentional swipe at the rider), their side of the story is clearly made to be angelic. If someone swerves out in front of you, lets be honest - you would hoot at them mainly because you were angry at them, not merely "to make them aware". The poster is obviously making their side sound perfectly innocent, which suggests there's more to the story. This (as many will point out later) is merely conjecture on my part, but my spidey senses are seldomly incorrect.

3. It must have taken something really out of the ordinary for someone to bash a vehicle in that manner... especially with your own bike. Again, this suggests that there is more to the story.

4. The poster also mentions "The rider was in the road..." which suggests to me that they are of the opinion that the rider was not meant to be on the road. Might this suggest that they may have instigated the situation somehow. Maybe, maybe not... but I'm not taking this version of the truth at face value.