Why?

Brettowski

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Those low ballers think you're on drugs. 

They are the same guys/girls who used to buy the Capeads at 5am go home and start making phone calls at 5:15am

If you don't want to raise your heart rate then just read the message and don't reply. 

Not sure why so angry. I have something for sale. Think 5 guys offered me half the price I am looking for. I just don't reply. No issue.

This. I don't understand the need to feel insulted/abused/offended/generally derided by a low baller. Press delete and carry on....or...make a counter offer and you might actually end up at price both of you are happy with.

This. I don't understand the need to feel insulted/abused/offended/generally derided by a low baller. Press delete and carry on....or...make a counter offer and you might actually end up at price both of you are happy with.

My approach as well.Its so easy to just deal with and move on without all the angst

Asking for a friend, What exactly does "BETTER THAN NEW" mean? Surely new is the best? How do you get better than that? I mean, if you buy it new and upgrade then it's not stock so that can't be considered better, just close to the model above.

Asking for a friend, What exactly does "BETTER THAN NEW" mean? Surely new is the best? How do you get better than that? I mean, if you buy it new and upgrade then it's not stock so that can't be considered better, just close to the model above.

Good question, so if everything has been replaced with new items then it's again new right? So are there special parts which make it better than new?

All bearings were replaced with ceramic bearings (factory was steel) I think he is valid. At least a 30% improvement right there. 

Unless all the components were also replaced, and the frame itself, and it hasn't gone on a single ride then merely replacing bearings with better ones does not qualify something as better than new. The bearings might be better, but the bike as a whole is not.

Unless all the components were also replaced, and the frame itself, and it hasn't gone on a single ride then merely replacing bearings with better ones does not qualify something as better than new. The bearings might be better, but the bike as a whole is not.

Ceramic bearings better? Nah... they have to be replaced more often. Big downgrade in my books. ;)

Edited by Grease_Monkey

Just playing Devil's advocate here and I have a different view: 

If you list an item for a certain price and you then get lots of offers 30 - 40% lower than your asking price then should you not consider that the item you've listed is worth less than what you've listed it for? (I have no clue what the 2018 Scott is worth - I'm asking for a friend  :whistling:. I mean the item in question is "mint" and "better than new" condition so maybe its worth its current price tag). 

PS: Hub selling rule no. 1: if you have listed an item and it sits for 4 weeks without a proper response then its time to do some introspection to establish why its not moving  :huh:

Clever way to get traffic through your advert, bitch about the classifieds and every one goes an checks your ad. 

Yes .... As long as its red, red bikes are always faster!

And yet my red bike isn't selling despite a price drop, and maybe even a 'negotiable'. Must be the XS frame  :whistling: .. or the recession..... or it's priced too high  :huh:  or maybe there's a lack of super short cyclists out there