Cape Town Cycle Tour 2021

Chingy182

You seem to be a very angry person hey, chill, it's friday

I didn't insult them or their families, I just sent an email saying exactly that :

Hey, I fell at the end of my recon for the 99er and suffered a double fractured forearm so I am not going to be able to attend any of the races I entered (Already cancelled the 99er and tour the PPA, I was hoping to be cleared for the CTCT but surgeon says no way), any chance I can get a refund for medical reasons ?

So to come back to your initial comment "It's some poor person's actual job to deal with crap like this." Well yes ! It is some person's job, and they didn't do it.

Guess what, I have way worse crap in my bikehub inbox than that and I still answer it...most of it  :ph34r:  :ph34r: 

Damn, what you do to p!$$ okes off?

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Recently some guy offered me 11k for my 17k ad, I've given my last price, then they offered 12k and I didn't answer. Since then the idiot is giving me 1 start reviews every day  :eek:  :eek:

Edited by Jbr

I was just wondering the same this morning when I  got that annual September nervous feeling that the 94.7 is also now around the corner. I wonder if we will ride Joburg  this year but I cannot imagine that the 2021 Argus will be affected by the remnants of the teacupstorm.

There already been emails and social media saying it not happening.  Even posted on the hub https://community.bikehub.co.za/features/_/news/industry-news/new-owner-for-947-ride-joburg-r8171

So you can stop getting nervous ;)

Apparently all it takes to be tarred and feathered on a Friday is to not read the T&Cs, and politely ask a question.

Recently some guy offered me 11k for my 17k ad, I've given my last price, then they offered 12k and I didn't answer. Since then the idiot is giving me 1 start reviews every day  :eek:  :eek:

Will you accept 12k and a 6 pack of Super-M choc milk?

Anyone seen my water bottle, think I lost it on Chappies... around 2011?

See-through with a black cap

I think that was the one I saw a youngster running around with near Kommetjie at 1400 that afternoon.

I saw it again round 2014, but sorry I could not stop to pick it up.

It was back this year. Lying in the road again in Kommetjie. A guy motoring past on on an e-bike nearly rode over it. He took evasive action and hit a traffic cone marking between the lanes. There was a loud noise but not much blood, so I think the water bottle was OK.

I will look out for it again next year, will let you know where to go pick it up ...

• 3 weeks later...

not that it really matters i guess, but they'll probably use same seeding as 2020 i presume? seeing that up to now there were/and most probably wont be any seeding events for 2021? Unless tour the PPA gets shoved in there two weeks before it and becomes the only seeding event haha. it will be the busiest race Durbanville has ever seen...

not that it really matters i guess, but they'll probably use same seeding as 2020 i presume? seeing that up to now there were/and most probably wont be any seeding events for 2021? Unless tour the PPA gets shoved in there two weeks before it and becomes the only seeding event haha. it will be the busiest race Durbanville has ever seen...

That is a very valid point, I never thought about seeding. So either carry over or maybe use your 2020 time. I doubt there will be many if any first timers without a seeding next year.

Can't imagine they have a special contingency plan for seeding in place

I think if by March we are at the point where mass participation events of 30K plus people are allowed, then in Jan/Feb there would be funrides happening that would count as seeding events

Recently some guy offered me 11k for my 17k ad, I've given my last price, then they offered 12k and I didn't answer. Since then the idiot is giving me 1 start reviews every day :eek: :eek:

Report him to admin

Can't imagine they have a special contingency plan for seeding in place

I think if by March we are at the point where mass participation events of 30K plus people are allowed, then in Jan/Feb there would be funrides happening that would count as seeding events

They have those strava seeding events

They have those strava seeding events

If they do seedings according to Strava events it's the most ridiculous thing ever  :P  :P 

Surely the racing should slowly resume in the coming weeks allowing for some proper seedings to be done, we already had a "nice" race last sunday in Slanghoek !

Let's see ;)

Edited by Jbr

If they do seedings according to Strava events it's the most ridiculous thing ever  :P  :P

Surely the racing should slowly resume in the coming weeks allowing for some proper seedings to be done, we already had a "nice" race last sunday in Slanghoek !

Let's see ;)

They have selected a couple of segments that are a pretty good test of ones ability and able to seed people pretty accurately. Its pretty hard to bluff Suikerbosie South side etc.