Cape Town Cycle Tour 2021

Chingy182

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I also say, do it regardless. But make sure your accommodation and flights are refundable or only pay a smallish deposit now.

Edited by DJR

<21 weeks to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well I started my CTCT specific training program last night, so it needs to happen. If I was a local it wouldn't matter as then I could still go and "race" the route on the day even if it's not "organised" but as an out of towner, if it isn't going to count to my tally, then I won't be making the trip down. March is still a long time away and NDZ will still make hundreds of changes to level 1 before then so fingers crossed.

My mind is already made up, the day entries open, I am entering!!!No ums and ahs. If they cancel after that then so be it. Please just don't stop me at the end of the blue route again because some oke with corona is running on the route coughing.

Scary to think that news broke of those rich folk from Durban coming back from an Italian skiing trip just a few days before CTCT this year.

<21 weeks to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well I started my CTCT specific training program last night, so it needs to happen. If I was a local it wouldn't matter as then I could still go and "race" the route on the day even if it's not "organised" but as an out of towner, if it isn't going to count to my tally, then I won't be making the trip down. March is still a long time away and NDZ will still make hundreds of changes to level 1 before then so fingers crossed.

My mind is already made up, the day entries open, I am entering!!!No ums and ahs. If they cancel after that then so be it. Please just don't stop me at the end of the blue route again because some oke with corona is running on the route coughing.

Scary to think that news broke of those rich folk from Durban coming back from an Italian skiing trip just a few days before CTCT this year.

If you need locals to ride with, I'll be there, but we'll have to strap an extra 50 kilos or so to your tandem to give you the slightest chance of sticking to my kind of "race" speed.  :whistling:  :)

If you need locals to ride with, I'll be there, but we'll have to strap an extra 50 kilos or so to your tandem to give you the slightest chance of sticking to my kind of "race" speed.  :whistling:  :)

So for the last 32 years we have made a family holiday out of it and stayed in fish hoek so with it being a bit far away from where most of the pre-race rides take place we have always pretty much done our own thing. Next year the plan at this stage is it will just be my toppie and I going down Friday and coming back straight after the race and staying somewhere close to the start/finish. So for once we can actually hook up with the guys for a Saturday leg loosener. So closer to the time we must organise a bike hub Pre-race cruise, I am keen to meet a few of you guys.

If I had to guess, they probably going to cap the entries at 20 000. 

Hoping that the whole "corona" issue will push the COCT to allow the short route to go ahead on Saturday on the atlantic seaboard so as to blow away any Corona :P

If I had to guess, they probably going to cap the entries at 20 000. 

Hoping that the whole "corona" issue will push the COCT to allow the short route to go ahead on Saturday on the atlantic seaboard so as to blow away any Corona :P

I'm holding thumbs for the short route as well. Have a few not-so-serious-about-cycling people I'd like to tempt into entering.

So for the last 32 years we have made a family holiday out of it and stayed in fish hoek so with it being a bit far away from where most of the pre-race rides take place we have always pretty much done our own thing. Next year the plan at this stage is it will just be my toppie and I going down Friday and coming back straight after the race and staying somewhere close to the start/finish. So for once we can actually hook up with the guys for a Saturday leg loosener. So closer to the time we must organise a bike hub Pre-race cruise, I am keen to meet a few of you guys.

At this stage its looking like I might also pop in and out.

It would be ironic though if you and I meet up somewhere other than fish hoek after all these years of staying in the same place and not meeting.

From what I have heard, it is going ahead. They are capping the entry limits and running both long and short routes. No finish area though.

Lekker!!

Have similar information but there a few contingency plans being out in place.

The main plan is to run it like the DC is being run. Capping group size to 450max, bigger gaps between groups and of course fastest first slowes last which is is it currently stands.

total entries capped at 20,000 to allow for 5min gaps between groups.

Also bare in mind its 5 months away and there's a lot that can still happen globally and locally in terms of the "evolution of the pandemic".

CoCT wants it to go ahead

PPA and CTT is planning on it going ahead

Would the short route be on Saturday or Sunday? I wonder if they would allow people to enter both. Would be cool but I suppose not fair. Pointless having the same okes riding both days denying a lot of people the opportunity to be part of the race.

Would the short route be on Saturday or Sunday? I wonder if they would allow people to enter both. Would be cool but I suppose not fair. Pointless having the same okes riding both days denying a lot of people the opportunity to be part of the race.

The view is to have the short route on the Saturday and this will incorporate the e-bike groups. The intent is to minimise congestion at the finish area specifically

Edited by DieselnDust

The view is to have the short route on the Saturday and this will incorporate the e-bike groups. The intent is to minimise congestion at the finish area specifically

That is going to be difficult.

I started late last year and finished later and the amount of ded bodies sprawled across the stadium outskirts is hectic!

hey will likely need to have ushers moving the dedders to the fields etc where they can cramp in their own space and not congest the initial 200m of rider egress.

I will enter. It's a fun day and I like to be able to have reason complain about my seeding.....  :ph34r:

I will enter. It's a fun day and I like to be able to have reason complain about my seeding.....  :ph34r:

Not to mention the sub 3h you are GOING to do on the hooligan....or else

That is going to be difficult.

I started late last year and finished later and the amount of ded bodies sprawled across the stadium outskirts is hectic!

hey will likely need to have ushers moving the dedders to the fields etc where they can cramp in their own space and not congest the initial 200m of rider egress.

:lol:  :lol: