Cape Town Cycle Tour 2021

Chingy182

The atlantic seaboard is chock full of cyclists on Saturday anyway and its a nightmare for any car, they should just close it off from 6-10 for the short route. 

You could get the whole family to ride on the closed roads and the finish part of the main argus, there are also a lot of places to stop for a beer en route. The down the highway and back would require you to pop down to Forries for a beer en route.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am assuming that if it takes place it will be on 14 March and will therefore be travelling to Cape Town to be there over that weekend. Race or no race.

it is traditionally second sunday of march.

so that is the likely date, but i wouldn't be surprised if there is a swing by 2 weeks either way for whatever reason. in 2016 they held it on the first sunday 6th of march (i think due to epic?).

That is going to be difficult.

I started late last year and finished later and the amount of ded bodies sprawled across the stadium outskirts is hectic!

hey will likely need to have ushers moving the dedders to the fields etc where they can cramp in their own space and not congest the initial 200m of rider egress.

I will enter. It's a fun day and I like to be able to have reason complain about my seeding..... :ph34r:

I better start hunting a bike to hurt you

Anyone have an idea what will happen with the seeding?

I reckon they should auction off seedings to the highest bidders this year and put the proceeds towards charity.

I reckon they should auction off seedings to the highest bidders this year and put the proceeds towards charity.

:D  :D That'll cause a good Friday explosion on the Bikehub

it is traditionally second sunday of march.

so that is the likely date, but i wouldn't be surprised if there is a swing by 2 weeks either way for whatever reason. in 2016 they held it on the first sunday 6th of march (i think due to epic?).

I seem to remember something about Lionel Richie performing at Cape Town Stadium that year on the 2nd weekend of March.

Was thinking about this All night long,it was epic that started early.

https://www.bigconcerts.co.za/assets/img/Zonke-870x513-c3c6896a21.jpg

content://com.android.chrome.FileProvider/images/screenshot/16025661564171692106423.jpg

I don't know enough LR songs to reply with a smart pun unfortunately. At least I got yours though.

Ok so I was right about him playing there, just a weekend out. Why did epic start early that year?

Reckon they will just use 2020 seeding and then if you have become Wout van Aert in lock down you slide into their DM's and ask for a reseed. 

Yeah or they'll add in a race in the new year depending on how the "pandemic" politics progresses.