Cape Town Cycle Tour 2021

Chingy182

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry man... I'm just getting ansy for DC entries and CTCT myself

We are getting might close for a go/no-go call to be made for the DC this year.

At current regulations it would still be a no-go as for far as I can tell there hasn't been any change made for sporting events under level 1 lock-down.

But over December, the whole of infected SA and the world streams down here to come rinse 2020 of their Covid weary bodies. By mid-Feb 2021 the Western Cape hits round 2, and next year looks just like this one...

Don't worry you can enter, The CTCT is more powerful than Corona, just look at this year

Corona only explodes after the funride World Champs

At current regulations it would still be a no-go as for far as I can tell there hasn't been any change made for sporting events under level 1 lock-down.

Although I have now just seen that Dave Bellairs will be talking to Bicycling Magazine on their Facebook live page about the plans for the DC. 

We wait with baited breath

not what the PPA marshall said yesterday before the killarney ride, but I wasn't really listening too closely as I'm not too concerned by the DC at this stage... Might be if things change and the event happends and I find a decent team to join but that's a lot of ifs.

Edited by Jbr

I wasn't at Kill Arney last night but from what I hear its very positive for the DC going ahead. it will be a different experience this year no doubt but keep the faith.

Pluses for it going ahead:

- team bubbles are possible

- Its possible to maintain <500 people on site at a time if there is no hospitality. Tel jou kos op and loep.

- its possible to maintain separation of teams on the road - at last!!

- Its out of town.

- covid protocols are established now.

- event happens end November which will see much further evolution of the lockdown

the limit per event has changed from 300 (level 2) to 500 (level 1), for outdoor events.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not going to read all the comments, what is the verdict of the 2021 event, on or off?

CTCT? No pubic announcement yet.

I'm not going to read all the comments, what is the verdict of the 2021 event, on or off?

The City is going to play a wait-and-see game ....

There was a City memo during the week urging people to continue wearing masks, reminding people of the very significant second wave that is currently in Europe.  Urging people to be tested if they show any symptoms .....

Doubt they will be promoting an event drawing thousands together.  And yet they know, they have to consider the significant tourist revenue this event brings with it ....  Not going to be an easy decision.

REALLY hope we get past this before then .... 

The City is going to play a wait-and-see game ....

There was a City memo during the week urging people to continue wearing masks, reminding people of the very significant second wave that is currently in Europe. Urging people to be tested if they show any symptoms .....

Doubt they will be promoting an event drawing thousands together. And yet they know, they have to consider the significant tourist revenue this event brings with it .... Not going to be an easy decision.

REALLY hope we get past this before then ....

I want to plan my holiday around the CTCT 2021.

I want to plan my holiday around the CTCT 2021.

Know the feeling ....

Every so often we make a long weekend trip around an out of town race .... simply impossible to commit to anything at the moment ...