Coronavirus lockdown and exercising outdoors

On a lighter note...

What am I missing with the Rapha hate?

People hate and mock more expensive things.

It’s strange, you seldom see a guy dressed in Rapha riding a Sworks mocking a dude on a cheaper bike. Makes you think about who the chops really are, doesn’t it ;)

Edited by Patchelicious

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

People hate and mock more expensive things.

It’s strange, you seldom see a guy dressed in Rapha riding a Sworks mocking a dude on a cheaper bike. Makes you think about who the chops really are, doesn’t it ;)

Envy and Jealousy bring out the worst in some people.

For other people, its drinking brandy...

But, I am interested to know where Maap fits in compared to Rapha and Assos.

Is it like German car manufacturer preference or like groupset hierarchy  ?

Envy and Jealousy bring out the worst in some people.

For other people, its drinking brandy...

But, I am interested to know where Maap fits in compared to Rapha and Assos.

Is it like German car manufacturer preference or like groupset hierarchy ?

Rapha is only exclusive in SA because you can’t get it there. In the UK everybody has it. Much like Canyon. Maap is ok, if you want to be bling, rather get Black Sheep. Well that was until those guys in morningside ended up with a few boxes of kit somehow.

On a lighter note ... sort off ....

So I tell my neighbour about Sunday morning's ride .... I get CR@PPED on !!!!

Cape Gate is 7,5km from our house !!!!! yada yada ....

Uhm, jaaaa .... by road it is .... BUT, it is well inside the 5km RADIUS .....

not many people seem to grasp the concept of "radius" ....

for those that dont read each and every post of this riveting bash-your-neighbour thread .... click here to see the RADIUS around your home -

https://2kmfromhome.com/5km/

Not many people get any “concept” these days.

On a lighter note...

What am I missing with the Rapha hate?

Not sure. Patchelitious may be right. I'm more interested about a "Raffa" gang member being imprisoned, hence my question.

From one of my Watsapp groups.

Hi guys (from the Raffa Bike group)

This is a warning! Don't try exercising after the 9 am curfew. I was held by the police for 14 hours. No food no water no chairs to sit on. Just hard concrete floor. Unbelievably cruel. Animals at the SPCA are treated better.

I was arrested on Friday for riding my bicycle after the curfew. 5kms away from home. They are not messing around. Please do not take any chances. Forward this without disclosing my name.

First I spent 9 hours in a holding cell at a police station with four other men, two beggars, one guy caught driving at 745 pm and the fourth was caught illegally transporting chemicals. Thankfully all nice people. I paid bail for the 2 beggars because they were seriously screwed and would have stayed in jail for a week or two.

The worst part was not having a clue what was going to happen next and when. The holding cell had a solid steel door, no way of communication unless you shout. We sat in there for hours hoping an officer would tell us what was going on - all the while thinking that any minute they would allow us to pay for bail and get the hell out of there.

When I was arrested I was told that I should expect bail "soon". I did not see police officer for a few hours after being locked up and even then whenever anyone appeared they would say "yes yes soon don't worry".

Eventually they moved us in a police van late Friday night to the Randburg police station where our fingerprints were taken. That took another 2 hours. Finally I was released after paying R500 bail at 3 am after being taken back to Douglasdale police station.

No amount of pleading or asking for a second chance helped. I did not dare offer a bribe. The guys who arrested me did not ask for one.

Bail was granted and I have to make an appearance in court in Randburg on 2nd July.

Please, this is not a joke. Nor an exaggeration. Don't mess with them/tempt fate. Black, white, rich or poor it doesn't matter.

Why was he riding after curfew? Not looking for *** but asking a real question?

Rapha is only exclusive in SA because you can’t get it there. In the UK everybody has it. Much like Canyon. Maap is ok, if you want to be bling, rather get Black Sheep. Well that was until those guys in morningside ended up with a few boxes of kit somehow.

PAS Normal Studio and Ndless are 2 of the best quality kits I have ever ridden in.

I did a micro duathlon this morning.

put on the lycra and a tee with my mtb gloves and arm warmers cos is was k@k cold. We did a little 4km flat run. My other half had to be in a meeting at 8 so when we were done with the run I pulled off the tee and put on the clacky slippers and jumped on the roadie for a quick one of Chappies.

They've resurfaced it again. It's now as smooth as a baby's bum. And the corners are ever so slightly banked. They've also built a 270 degree switchback like the one on Sa Calobra. And its a cyclist and pedestrian only road now. You people should definitely come ride it..... Oh.

Edited by Duane_Bosch

put on the lycra and a tee with my mtb gloves and arm warmers cos is was k@k cold. We did a little 4km flat run. My other half had to be in a meeting at 8 so when we were done with the run I pulled off the tee and put on the clacky slippers and jumped on the roadie for a quick one of Chappies.

They've resurfaced it again. It's now as smooth as a baby's bum. And the corners are ever so slightly banked and its a cyclist and pedestrian only road now.

if only... 

But have they really resurfaced it? It's no longer that ugly surface?

if only... 

But have they really resurfaced it? It's no longer that ugly surface?

Haha. No man.

But that ugly surface has bedded in and it's not nearly as bad as it was in the beginning.

@all the okes itching to get on it. Don't worry. Be patient. It's still there and it's just as amazing as ever. Just a few more weeks.

If i could have 1 cycling wish it would be for chappies to be closed to cars for just 4 hours once a month. 8-11 on the first Sunday of every month. Just cyclists, runners and walkers.

Edited by Duane_Bosch

They've resurfaced it again. It's now as smooth as a baby's bum. And the corners are ever so slightly banked. They've also built a 270 degree switchback like the one on Sa Calobra. And its a cyclist and pedestrian only road now. You people should definitely come ride it..... Oh.

Very cool idea... Might trying something similar this weekend.

Why was he riding after curfew? Not looking for *** but asking a real question?

No idea, he was definitely in the wrong. But good on him for warning others.

No idea, he was definitely in the wrong. But good on him for warning others.

Is this actually legit tho or is it like one of those idiots claiming to to be the head of trauma at Groote Schuur?

I'm not calling you a liar and based on what I saw on Saturday it wouldn't surprise me but do you actually know the person or is it potentially some bullshiter?

Is this actually legit tho or is it like one of those idiots claiming to to be the head of trauma at Groote Schuur?

I'm not calling you a liar and based on what I saw on Saturday it wouldn't surprise me but do you actually know the person or is it potentially some bullshiter?

Considering how much fake BS many different people usually forward to me

And when there's legitimate info/events none of those people "forward" anything, I've been very doubtful about that whole message since the first time I saw if