Coronavirus lockdown and exercising outdoors

And this thread caused that article? Or is it now articles? I confuse...

No, the thread is in the article,

Or the article is on the thread,

Or in the thread,

Or maybe the journalist on the thread! 

Maybe ChrisF is the PPA!!

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No, the thread is in the article,

Or the article is on the thread,

Or in the thread,

Or maybe the journalist on the thread! 

Maybe ChrisF is the PPA!!

now THAT is a low blow !  :cursing:   :ph34r:

Well, I dunno who this ppa is but they are welcome to come suck my chamois dry after a ride for all I care. Some bunch of grade A nimrods from the western cape thinking they can speak on my behalf. 

How are the cops going to catch you? I haven't heard of anyone being caught outside their POT. I see a lot of people in my area whom I know live a long way from me and they're way outside their radius...I mean waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay outside. Just going through my strava "following" there's plenty of people riding to areas where there are far less people but these areas are outside their radius.

I don't see how being outside your radius spreads the virus if its killed by sunlight and is dissipated quite rapidly but thats just me applying logic to what the health experts are saying about this thing.

The only way you will get caught is if:

1) Government passes a law that require the mobile network providers to provide GPS or LTE/3G/4G/5G signal location of your phone on specific days,

2) The PPA decides to follow your STRAVA and rat you out.

3) SAPS decides to follow you on STRAVA.

4) You post your rides to STRAVA and available for everyone to see..

5) You have an accident and need to medi-evaced to hospital...

6) You have a puncture and need your wife to come and collect you ( youjust know ts going to be all over WHATSAPP faster than 5G.

7) Some other Snitching tactic..

8) you get stopped for not wearing a mask and they want your address details.

The biggest things to concern yourself with is covering your mouth and nose and make sure you're close to home by 9am then you'll be fine. And don;t do things that draws attention to yourself like wearing pink or short socks.

Some people are very concerned about the 5km rule ...

I just see it’s stupid you can’t ride further than 5km but you can go to a crowded mall.

All rides are now private.

come suck my chamois dry

Thanks for the pictures I have in my head now 

I just see it’s stupid you can’t ride further than 5km but you can go to a crowded mall.

I usually only upload to strava once a month anyway. I'll just do that every second month now.

Besides, as I have mentioned, I see plenty of saps and metro plod both far from home and after hours and I get a merry greeting and that's it.

Edited by TNT1

Thanks for the pictures I have in my head now 

Happy to be of service. It was the standard taunt between us riders on the first team I raced for. Always stuck with me.

I have also shaken my head at the absurdity of returning home after a 5km ride, to jump in the car and lawfully drive 20 km to my nearest mall to shop.

I have also shaken my head at the absurdity of returning home after a 5km ride, to jump in the car and lawfully drive 20 km to my nearest mall to shop.

Yeah, getting people moaning that outside 5km while the tweeting from waterfront shopping and coffee then going back to Claremont. Gtfo

How are the cops going to catch you? I haven't heard of anyone being caught outside their POT. I see a lot of people in my area whom I know live a long way from me and they're way outside their radius...I mean waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay outside. Just going through my strava "following" there's plenty of people riding to areas where there are far less people but these areas are outside their radius.

I don't see how being outside your radius spreads the virus if its killed by sunlight and is dissipated quite rapidly but thats just me applying logic to what the health experts are saying about this thing. 

The only way you will get caught is if:

1) Government passes a law that require the mobile network providers to provide GPS or LTE/3G/4G/5G signal location of your phone on specific days,

2) The PPA decides to follow your STRAVA and rat you out.

3) SAPS decides to follow you on STRAVA.

4) You post your rides to STRAVA and available for everyone to see..

5) You have an accident and need to medi-evaced to hospital...

6) You have a puncture and need your wife to come and collect you ( youjust know ts going to be all over WHATSAPP faster than 5G.

7) Some other Snitching tactic..

8) you get stopped for not wearing a mask and they want your address details.

The biggest things to concern yourself with is covering your mouth and nose and make sure you're close to home by 9am then you'll be fine. And don;t do things that draws attention to yourself like wearing pink or short socks.

I already dont want to use a cellphone. This will just make it that much easier.

I've disabled strava upload on Garmin express and probably won't reactivate it

The only reason I really still have os to check up on a friend who's touring Asia and switches phone numbers regularly

And also, I work in a "larny" estate as an electrician so have many documents in my car to prove that and say I'm essential blah blah blah, I get in my car and drive there every morning and ride between the estates since I know the area and some of the patrol guards. Main reason for this is about 400m from my house there was a violent hijacking of a cyclist two weeks ago with 2 more in the area ahortly after and I Don't feel like going to the hospital for a stab wound.

Luckily A quarter of the estate falls within my "death radius", should I feel like A dick?

BTW the amount of people wearing masks has come down significantly since the start of the exercise allowance

I've disabled strava upload on Garmin express and probably won't reactivate it

The only reason I really still have os to check up on a friend who's touring Asia and switches phone numbers regularly

And also, I work in a "larny" estate as an electrician so have many documents in my car to prove that and say I'm essential blah blah blah, I get in my car and drive there every morning and ride between the estates since I know the area and some of the patrol guards. Main reason for this is about 400m from my house there was a violent hijacking of a cyclist two weeks ago with 2 more in the area ahortly after and I Don't feel like going to the hospital for a stab wound.

Luckily A quarter of the estate falls within my "death radius", should I feel like A dick?

BTW the amount of people wearing masks has come down significantly since the start of the exercise allowance

I got fed up with it long ago and now this stupid BS brag post about 50 fixes this year sticked to the top of my feed.

Only reason I still use it is its how my maintenance tracker tracks my millage, they don't integrate with garmin yet.

I got fed up with it long ago and now this stupid BS brag post about 50 fixes this year sticked to the top of my feed.

Only reason I still use it is its how my maintenance tracker tracks my millage, they don't integrate with garmin yet.

Hub tiger?