Coronavirus lockdown and exercising outdoors

Well done for making another thread about you.

in fairness, this is ostensibly a group of "cyclists" -  where else in the world would you find more self interested peeps parading as caring, involved and philanthropic do-gooders?

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL - thats magical, really

well the education department thinks that life orientation should be taught at school, yet they don't teach ethics and things we all need to learn like how to submit a tax return. You also need to have it to register as professionals.

You want to know the scary part, there is a high fail rate in the course, go figure.

Anyway do as you please, but please be happy to sacrifice your parents and peers and family for heard immunity. 

in fairness, this is ostensibly a group of "cyclists" -  where else in the world would you find more self interested peeps parading as caring, involved and philanthropic do-gooders?

Who are you really angry at, do you want to talk about it?

Edited by Patchelicious

Who are you really angry at, do you want to talk about it?

Probably my mother - never really thought about it, to be honest.   but I reckon herd immunity is going to take care of that! 

https://mediahack.co.za/datastories/coronavirus/dashboard/

if I believed I'd start praying now for our medical staff... that curve ain't looking good

To put that "spike" in perspective ...

Yet another two clinics were closed yesterday, due to a staff member that tested positive ... problem being that the first tests were negative, even though she was symptomatic .... now ALL staff is being tested.  So this lady is part of the spike of the last two days, but the real spike when all the new tests comes back is yet to be seen ....  

I have already spoken about my friend that contracted covid from a collegue at work.  He was tested positive two weeks after the first gent.  Only after the second case did they test all workers .... results came back yesterday ..... 120 staff positive !!!  And this is a truly critical services company.  They may have to bring upcountry staff down to keep their work going.

Last week the media reported about 42 people at I&J, in once facility.

Friend is being tested today, after a work meeting 10 days ago, and now being fully symptomatic ..... 

YES, re-start the economy !

YES, take ALL possible steps to safeguard your staff and public !!

No use hiding away in some dungeon ...

But also not the time for casual interaction either.

PERSONALLY - I believe the real challenge relates to those in the workplace that dont wear their masks properly, that dont wash their hands and touch surfaces other workers have to touch ...  the REAL challenge relates to INDIVIDUAL BEHAVIOUR. 

Probably my mother - never really thought about it, to be honest. but I reckon herd immunity is going to take care of that!

Okay you seem to get it

You want to know the scary part, there is a high fail rate in the course, go figure.

in my personal experience....because it gets thought as an subject in a thesis or honours year when the last thing on your mind is the importance of ethics in the business environment....especially if you are studying one of the practical professions. in our course at least, it was considered along the same lines as the crap language or IT  literacy subjects or those basic business law subjects you were forced to take throughout your degree. Nobody ever studied for that crap because their credit contribution is next to nothing in the larger context of the year. You just needed to get 50....so thats what you got. blame the game...not the players lol.

But we're in lockdown. How's that even possible?

Looks like you and I are, that's pretty much it !

This is the exercising outdoors thread, take your bloody breaks and arguments to the other Corona threads dammit.

They are exercising there right to freedom of speech ????....it’s just a bit muffled with the mask on .

It beats watching my son play apex.

As you were ????

Does anyone have a good idea as to what the exercise restriction relaxation will allow if and when we get to level 3?

That's my recollection. Hope they allow for more hours and not as in twice a day but consecutive plus allow one to stray just a bit further from home to my favorite trails...

Does anyone have a good idea as to what the exercise restriction relaxation will allow if and when we get to level 3?

People with a limp can go out between 7-8pm only

All surnames starting with B-F can go out from 330am-430am

The rest of the population who are between 3-9 years of age cannot go out except on Sunday between 1-2 pm.