Coronavirus lockdown and exercising outdoors

Best car I ever owned.  I kept it in Durban where I spend 4 days a month as I couldn’t give it away.  Colleague drove it 100m up the road for monthly car wash and a young lady went through a traffic light whilst on her phone.  Begged the insurance company to fix it but they paid out instead.

My colleague was uninjured and witnesses could not believe his luck 

Drove my RS4 down to Durbs once (from Joburg)

Its amazing what sea-level air does for those heavy-breathing V8s, grief it was amazing.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That or the RS6 wagon is the only Audi I’d ever want/drive.

Can’t understand why wagons aren’t more popular over here.

LOVE our station wagon !!

Fits our bikes inside, and perfectly suited to our lifestyles. And the fuel evonomy of a car ...

Yet the general perception is that it is an UBER ... ????

It works for us ????????

Drove my RS4 down to Durbs once (from Joburg)

Its amazing what sea-level air does for those heavy-breathing V8s, grief it was amazing.

Mmmmmm. I remember getting into my 4.2 V8 S5 amongst all the other 4x4s at the Sani finish and revelling in the sealevel power

I love station wagons but the answer is probably lack of security in terms of a boot

I still have one

Naah. If they wanna get in they'll get in. Only if there were no back cover in place or if you're in full-load-mode would there be any visibility into the boot anyway. 

Naah. If they wanna get in they'll get in. Only if there were no back cover in place or if you're in full-load-mode would there be any visibility into the boot anyway.

Tinted windows and black cloth does wonders for those small parcels in the back ...

That or the RS6 wagon is the only Audi I’d ever want/drive.

Can’t understand why wagons aren’t more popular over here.

Bad tar roads, weekends spent in places on the other side of a gravel road, and the perception that you are more larney in a 4X4,bakkie or SUV, or need to keep up with the neighbors.

I reckon 90% of bakkie drivers don't need anything higher or offroadier than a sportage or ix35 or the sort.

They do great on gravel roads, and most bakkies just climb pavements.

We had an ASX and now a Tiguan for the family vehicles. They are perfect on the bad Karoo roads we frequent, and don't drive like bakkies. Win/win.

We are now all our indoor trainers whether it be.the most advanced with all links to train with others or just a simple single speed spinning bike . Im in the old school category but use modern methods to keep pedaling every day . I have a big screen monitor desk top computer  on a desk , a ceiling fan and a small floor fan placed in front of my bike . Im a rocker from the 60/70s and use that era of music to ride to . I select life concerts of those bands and have them playing on the monitor ( i have to use headphones or ill blow the roof off ) . Today  i had ACDC life at River Plate Buenos Aries   . I ride for an hour twice a day  at a steady cadence of 90/100 rpm . When an add comes on ( They seem to put ads into anything lately ) i treat that as a sprint and go flat out untill it ends . Some are up to 2/3 minutes long , so hard work . Angus does a lot of guitar solos and i treat them either as sprints or climbs ( tighten the brake on the disc ) . In "  Let there be Rock " he does a 12 minute  guitar  solo which i managed to keep at full pace the whole time . Im managing to keep my  legs supple and my weight the same . Tomorrows selection is Jethro Tull Live 1984 . There will be a lot of flute solos by Ian Anderson so enough  opportunity  to sprint or climb to .

We are now all our indoor trainers whether it be.the most advanced with all links to train with others or just a simple single speed spinning bike . Im in the old school category but use modern methods to keep pedaling every day . I have a big screen monitor desk top computer on a desk , a ceiling fan and a small floor fan placed in front of my bike . Im a rocker from the 60/70s and use that era of music to ride to . I select life concerts of those bands and have them playing on the monitor ( i have to use headphones or ill blow the roof off ) . Today i had ACDC life at River Plate Buenos Aries . I ride for an hour twice a day at a steady cadence of 90/100 rpm . When an add comes on ( They seem to put ads into anything lately ) i treat that as a sprint and go flat out untill it ends . Some are up to 2/3 minutes long , so hard work . Angus does a lot of guitar solos and i treat them either as sprints or climbs ( tighten the brake on the disc ) . In " Let there be Rock " he does a 12 minute guitar solo which i managed to keep at full pace the whole time . Im managing to keep my legs supple and my weight the same . Tomorrows selection is Jethro Tull Live 1984 . There will be a lot of flute solos by Ian Anderson so enough opportunity to sprint or climb to .

Nice choice in music. I also use ACDC, Bon Jovi, Bob Seger, ZZ Top, Billy Idol and a host of others. Depends on how fast I want to go as to who I listen to.