Cyclist assaulted in Camps Bay

FootballingCyclist

I posted the video because it was sent to me and so the victim could see that there is footage of what took place, He could choose whether to take action or not, And also to make people aware that this is not at all "fun and games" because if this was not shared, next time the next rider may not have been so lucky and then it would've been "Oh well you should've shared the video the 1st Time which could've avoided this incident because it's not their 1st time they've done this".

If you feel that you only need to involve yourself or create awareness when something affects you directly, then that's the way you can live your life, But I shall create awareness where I can the same as I would do with GBV crimes and child abuse so the people around me know I don't tolerate it. With your mindset if people you know are abusing woman and children, you wont say anything because hey, you not the victim right?? I am cyclist who use that stretch of road atleast 3 times a week so I had every right to share the video even though I was not the victim, and as stated before, he has now been located due to the video going viral!

I see you point, my point was just that everyone is so quick to jump up and down for every little thing. Maybe I am too old school.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I see you point, my point was just that everyone is so quick to jump up and down for every little thing. Maybe I am too old school.

We are all entitled to our opinions.

I am also old school.

But I found what those guys did totally unacceptable.

It was irresponsible it was disrespectful to the cyclist and it could have turned very ugly.

If people driving around and harrassing innocent people is acceptable to you then we differ in opinion vastly.

Edited by Vetseun

(Since we are going off-topic, maybe someone can tell us where this comes from)

The thing that annoys me is the following line:

You can upload up to 3.75GB of files (Max. single file size: 2MB)

Who came up with that Spec...?

So I can't upload a 2.5MB good quality photo of the latest Spez Tarmac..... But 1 920 photo's at 2MB each is OK?

Snipping tool has become my friend for bikehub.

You defs did the correct thing.

I dont see any need for police and lawyers but the little skelms do need some sort of discipline.  So a little knock on the front door, and a sit down with ma , pa and skelm and a good talking to should sort this out.  They didnt mean harm but they couldve caused major damage so they need to be educated .

I was taken out buy some lunatic a few years back,   started a whole thread here on the hub about it, she clipped my handlebars whilst was bombing down visserhoek rd at approx 60kmh.  All i can say my camelbak and baggie ssaved me from a lot of pain.  I was roasted head to toe. got a nice titanium plate in my arm for my troubles.  Pressed charges.   Case was clear as day hit and run even had a witness.  After a month they were dropped .  1m rule my ASS excuse the pun.

This doesn't always work unfortunately. That fake Dr tri lad oke, what was his name? The one selling stuff here that doesn't exist. Someone went and spoke to his parents and they did nothing.

This doesn't always work unfortunately. That fake Dr tri lad oke, what was his name? The one selling stuff here that doesn't exist. Someone went and spoke to his parents and they did nothing.

Unfortunately there is a lot of parents these days that don't give a crap about their children.

I recently helped a 20 year old for about 4 months that was kicked out of the house by his own biological mother mostly because he stood up to her for treating him like dirt and screaming at him on a regular basis.

With parents like that its no wonder the kids are acting like idiots and hooligans.

I am seeing this same trainsmash happening in closely related family. I also warned my wife many years ago that this would happen and that she would need to have a chat with her sister. Father treated his one son like dirt and the other the complete opposite way. One could never do anything right, the other nothing wrong. This was many years ago when they were still under 6 years old.

The one is now a druggie, and the other one a very responsible young man. Parents should never underestimate the influence thay have on their children's future.

Parents should never underestimate the influence they have on their children's future, their children's friends/acquaintances and cousins. 

In fact as a person your action/reaction has consequences as well. (I am not saying I always do the right thing. But afterwards one always think it over and realise maybe it could of gone the other way) 

In this instance, an action is needed so that the perps can have a better mentality to people around them.

Edited by Eddy Gordo

We are all entitled to our opinions.

I am also old school.

But I found what those guys did totally unacceptable.

It was irresponsible it was disrespectful to the cyclist and it could have turned very ugly.

If people driving around and harrassing innocent people is acceptable to you then we differ in opinion vastly.

And in values.

I don’t understands how people can encourage others to not defend themselves. That’s cowardice

Heh. Back in Maritzburg in the mid 2000s I was set upon by a well known bodybuilder type and his young thug mates, they must have been hopped up on cocaine or something. Unprovoked they smashed the living daylights out of my BMW 330Ci with a baseball bat, totally ruined it. Went to the cops, laid charges, led the cops to the scene where they were still brandishing the bat...well, after bodybuilder guy 'spoke' with the cop, likely talking out of his wallet, that was the end of that.

Then there was the time I got punched in the mouth, twice, by a thug who'd nearly knocked me off my bike (yea I waved my hand at him). That one also didn't get very far...late 90s, that one was. Also in Pmb...The Friendly City.

Is that why you fled the country  :whistling:

I have been sent a 2nd video from some random on FB of the same guy, same day driving through Sea Point, lights a rocket type fire cracker, throws it out the window on to the pavement whilst his mates all have a laugh and driver drives off. Sun seems to be setting in the video as it's quite gloomy. So seems all they did all day was just catch on ****. The fact that he had a fire cracker(rocket) in the car with him shows that when he left home he was already planning to be up to no good, unless he bought it whilst out on the day(highly doubt that though)

And some armchair philosophy! Kant would like a word, we're still not sure who the good men or the bad men are and what defines each as such  :whistling:  :lol:

you're not allowed to use that type of language on the Hub

I have been sent a 2nd video from some random on FB of the same guy, same day driving through Sea Point, lights a rocket type fire cracker, throws it out the window on to the pavement whilst his mates all have a laugh and driver drives off. Sun seems to be setting in the video as it's quite gloomy. So seems all they did all day was just catch on ****. The fact that he had a fire cracker(rocket) in the car with him shows that when he left home he was already planning to be up to no good, unless he bought it whilst out on the day(highly doubt that though)

So much more reason to "educate" the idiots.

Drugs involved perhaps? Sober youngsters just don't usually get up to that kind of ****.

Edited by DJR