Sling Aircraft making bikes. The Sling Cycles Tagati

b-rad

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do it if for no other reason than to have the best post ever on boast about your latest purchases

:lol:

Ditto. I am now actually playing with the idea of maybe acquiring one.

all you have to do is ...... one click .... add to basket, pay by credit card you and sorted.

all you have to do is ...... one click .... add to basket, pay by credit card you and sorted.

Obviously this comes after the 'building the courage to ask the wife, trying to ask the wife, telling the wife, she says she doesn't care but then you have to figure out if that means she does care or doesn't actually care, then telling her you've decided to pull the trigger and knowing there will be some sort of reaction' part?

Obviously this comes after the 'building the courage to ask the wife, trying to ask the wife, telling the wife, she says she doesn't care but then you have to figure out if that means she does care or doesn't actually care, then telling her you've decided to pull the trigger and knowing there will be some sort of reaction' part?

Jewie, Jewie, Jewie.

Her reaction to a sling will be priceless.

As it turns out, the wife is the one pushing for it. She refuses to fly commercial with Covid... Her job requires her to understand more about it than the average Joe. And there are some places too far to always conveniently drive.

As it turns out, the wife is the one pushing for it. She refuses to fly commercial with Covid... Her job requires her to understand more about it than the average Joe. And there are some places too far to always conveniently drive.

DO IT!!!

Just been to your website...

Nevermind bicycles... I love your planes!  Imagine a Sling TSI, remove 2 back seats for bikes and baggage and off you go!  Travel the country with wifey!

If you see the epic hunting, hiking and fishing trips the guys do with bush planes in Alaska and Idaho and places like that you will easily sell yourself one... 

What other fork options are available for your frame?

I'm thinking more along the lines of bikepacking

I have done until today 1800 km this year on the bike, testing various setups on various terrains across South Africa and James have done almost as much on his one, and I must say that bicycle is more than capable to handle almost everything my MTB and road bike are together. We will soon have 5 demo bikes available for test ride at our Sling factory at Eikenhof. 

Final frame design can accommodate tire size up to 29 x 2.4. It will be available in three setups with two different forks as well as frame set only.

Web page will be released soon and will have all the details as well as prices.

If you are interested to come and see or test ride any of two prototypes you can contact me on cycles@slingaircraft.com

If you have any questions about the bike feel free to ask me here.

This frame looks great! I see your previous post shows a belt drive. Is the chainstay splittable?

On that note, thanks for nice long chainstays. I'm not a fan of my heel kicking my paniers. 

Heck thanks in general for a good looking local bike! 

Nice bike. You will not survive for long on E Cape - or indeed many other - farm roads on that bike.

and you say this why?

Good afternoon. Bicycle from that picture is our no.1 prototype. At the time picture was taken I was testing setup with a fork manufactured for us in Canada that wasn't able to accommodate tire size that frame is design for. I was using 27.5 x 2.2 tires and prototype no.1 was design to take 27.5 x 2.6 or 29 x 2.2.

I have removed that fork and installed ENVE adventure fork instead, coz that fork is wide enough to accommodate tire sizes we wanted to test on the bike.

This is how it looks today.

attachicon.gif20210407_171231.jpg

Nice looking frame

Does it come with a Form One / 8130  :whistling:

Oh wait cancel that thought, will double the price at least

For those that don't know the two Sling frontmen, watch this: 

follow the links to parts 2 and 3. 

and following!