Moriah “Mo” Wilson murder case

OVERDRIVE

8 minutes ago, Shebeen said:

what? LOCK HER UP!

30 minutes ago, Robbie Stewart said:

One has to wonder how fleeing from custody is a thing. Especially if the perpetrator is a known flight risk candidate.

Yup. https://www.cyclingweekly.com/news/kaitlin-armstrong-tried-to-escape-custody-ahead-trial-over-murder-of-cyclist-mo-wilson 

It's difficult to see how she could be found innocent. Justice for Mo Wilson. 🤞

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

31 minutes ago, splat said:

That was wrapped up quickly!

That's what happens in a country with a functional justice system. We're just not used to that. 

I heard a journalist comment the other day that Markus Jooste was ousted from Steinhoff before SBF even started FTX in 2019. Now Sam is in jail and Markus is still swanning around his mansion in Hermanus while the prosecutors twiddle their thumbs. 

Edited by openmind

3 hours ago, splat said:

That was wrapped up quickly!

Great stuff I say. 

2 hours ago, peetwindhoek said:

So so sad how a life was just taken and the lives affected. And then what also stood out for me in that article is that the defense tried to put the blame on the guy, Colin... 🤥

I know i happens all the time but killing someone just like that is still so OUT THERE for me. 

On 11/17/2023 at 7:28 PM, OVERDRIVE said:

Great stuff I say. 

I know i happens all the time but killing someone just like that is still so OUT THERE for me. 

100%.  I can't conceive wanting to wilfully killing someone.  I struggled to inject and euthanise my sedated Great Dane after he had bitten someone for the second time.  And that was after many years of dealing with the aftermath of injuries and violence as a profession, and sometimes in the midst of it.

Edited by justinafrika

• 3 weeks later...
16 hours ago, Robbie Stewart said:

Sentence has been passed. The saga has come to and end, and only just begun. Sad. This was akin to a suicide bomber destroying many lives, not just one.

https://www.cyclingweekly.com/news/kaitlin-armstrong-sentenced-to-90-years-for-the-murder-of-moriah-wilson

What a horrible, horrible story. You have put it so correct, the fallout of this whole thing is inexplicable.