Moriah “Mo” Wilson murder case

OVERDRIVE

4 minutes ago, Robbie Stewart said:

I would hate to live my life in fear of being blasted by 13 x 9mm rounds while I'm having a squat.

Perhaps those American's should start locking their front doors. 🤣

I put it to you that it is not just a problem in the land of opportunity and freedom. 

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

39 minutes ago, Robbie Stewart said:

I would hate to live my life in fear of being blasted by 13 x 9mm rounds while I'm having a squat.

That would be a really shyte way to go

1 hour ago, Robbie Stewart said:

This is maybe a reason to remove yourself from the public eye and relocate for a while

16 minutes ago, Jewbacca said:

This is maybe a reason to remove yourself from the public eye and relocate for a while

which also by implication means there was a lot more going on than he declared in his affidavit.

People in Parkwood, Mannenberg live daily with the reality of bullets flying through their front doors but they don't go to Constantia to take a dump unless they have been directly and personally threatened

1 hour ago, Shebeen said:

I put it to you that it is not just a problem in the land of opportunity and freedom. 

look the whole gun debate is another thing all together.

Whoever wrote his reference letters for his firearm competency need to live with the decision knowing they could have said no. That is why we have the whole process. Also why all spouses have to give reference for their partner to get firearm competency and often they have to back this up with an interview without the partner there. They have the chance to say no if they are scared of their partner owning a gun. I also think that spouses are our best character references and more people should say no.

In terms of the land of the free - It is 28mins driver to the nearest police station for me. That means perfect reaction can be expected in 29 mins, if they can find the house(no street names on farms even google maps has nothing). We don't have an armed response operating in the area, so my monthly fee goes into ammo and training for myself and the mrs so that we can be the armed response if need be. When we lived in town we had ADT, here we don't.

That being said- as per firearm regulations one must do as much as possible before reverting to using a weapon. So between the 30 dogs, the fences the motion flood lights etc we hopefully never end up there. But we still need to be able to have the choice, to have that option if push ever comes to shove.

That is also only for our sidearms. Can't easily get something spicy licensed to carry for for self defense even though an AK 47(through legal channels) is cheaper than a Glock 19.

For me there are a lot of questions though- owning guns and never firing them is one thing. Absolutely pointless exercise if you cannot use the thing easily and comfortably. It also all seems a little too movie like... 

16 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

which also by implication means there was a lot more going on than he declared in his affidavit.

People in Parkwood, Mannenberg live daily with the reality of bullets flying through their front doors but they don't go to Constantia to take a dump unless they have been directly and personally threatened

I don't draw that conclusion or parallel.

Dude cheats on his girlfriend/wife with younger woman. I personally KNOW many people who have done this in their lives. 

It doesn't make them murderers or draw direct lines to foul play. Some of these guys I am still friends with, some not. 

We don't know what was said, hell, the 3 of them could have even been in a polyamorous relationship. None of us KNOW. 

We are all drawing conclusions or wafting accusations based on some form of moral high ground that aligns to what we want to see and believe. 

We don't know if/what part Mo played in all this. None of us know any of the players, so how on earth can we have any sort of strong opinion other than 'sjoe, this is sad'?

It may have the sense of a movie because it's so far removed from our lives and we have no skin in the game that the whole 'who done it' mystery murder scenario of the pretty weird goings on are entertaining. 

I was stalked and harassed by a girl as a youngster. She parked outside my house at 2am, invited herself in when the garage door opened and she could tell me who had come and gone when. It was super weird. I went and stayed at a friend for a few weeks. It made sense

34 minutes ago, Jewbacca said:

I was stalked and harassed by a girl as a youngster. She parked outside my house at 2am, invited herself in when the garage door opened and she could tell me who had come and gone when. It was super weird. I went and stayed at a friend for a few weeks. It made sense

wait wait wait wait wait, You are NOT going to leave us with only this. WE ALL want, no wait, we ALL NEED to know more!

4 hours ago, Robbie Stewart said:

I agree, it is very sad.

I am just struggling with the whole concept of having to go into hiding. That makes no sense to me whatsoever. I don't see any reason why he feels the need to hide away from Kaitlin in fear of his life. Is he such a scared man, or does he have something to hide?

Kaitlin is charged with murder, sure, but she does not strike me as someone who could easily overpower anyone, much less a man. 

And if this truly is a situation where he is fleeing a mad woman assailing him, then I'd have to question the effectiveness of the police to apprehend a known criminal. I get that in South Africa its a given that a murderer generally does not get found, but that's more to do with the poor policing standards employed here. But the US, being a first world country, should have zero excuse to not find a wanted murderer.

Something is not adding up here. Strickland has no valid excuse to be on the run from a mad person in my opinion.

You forget that they live together, she’s got keys and a firearm and has shown that she is capable of committing murder (assuming it was her). I’d also get out of Dodge. 

12 minutes ago, FootballingCyclist said:

wait wait wait wait wait, You are NOT going to leave us with only this. WE ALL want, no wait, we ALL NEED to know more!

hahahaha

Like a lot of things of this nature, it all started with a drunken kiss.....

We sorted it out. We were young. She never killed anyone. We are both married with kids. I think we both learned a lot.

I'm not sharing any details for fear of Robbie judging me and accusing me of murder! 🤣

2 hours ago, Jewbacca said:

I don't draw that conclusion or parallel.

Dude cheats on his girlfriend/wife with younger woman. I personally KNOW many people who have done this in their lives. 

It doesn't make them murderers or draw direct lines to foul play. Some of these guys I am still friends with, some not. 

We don't know what was said, hell, the 3 of them could have even been in a polyamorous relationship. None of us KNOW. 

We are all drawing conclusions or wafting accusations based on some form of moral high ground that aligns to what we want to see and believe. 

We don't know if/what part Mo played in all this. None of us know any of the players, so how on earth can we have any sort of strong opinion other than 'sjoe, this is sad'?

It may have the sense of a movie because it's so far removed from our lives and we have no skin in the game that the whole 'who done it' mystery murder scenario of the pretty weird goings on are entertaining. 

no one drawing conclusions...

just pointing out that its fishy, like the whole thing smells off. that is not a conclusion but rather scepticism that we're getting the truth from the only one talking in that little trio.... 

• 2 weeks later...