Misleading Add

Wil6

Hi Hubbers

Need some advise and help. Bought a Reba fork Monday and the add title reads, Reba RL  120mm with remote lockout. Got the fork today and there is no remote lockout included. Contacted the seller and he says that the add does not state that it comes with a OneLoc or Twistloc...

Am I reading this wrong or what must I do?

Screenshot_20220803-13392.jpg

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you use Bikehub pay?

If so, you can allow them to try sort the issue out.

If not, leave an appropriate seller review with a link to this thread and report the seller to admin.

If you decide to keep the fork I think I have a poplock in the garage that you can have gratis.

9 minutes ago, Trashy said:

Did you use Bikehub pay?

If so, you can allow them to try sort the issue out.

If not, leave an appropriate seller review with a link to this thread and report the seller to admin.

If you decide to keep the fork I think I have a poplock in the garage that you can have gratis.

No I did not as the he had two positive ratings. Seller will only refund me without shipping costs and only when he receives the fork back. 

Thanks will let you know.

Edited by Wil6

Did you ask for photos of everything? I assume the photos didn’t show the remote lever.

Never assume an advert is accurate. Ask your own questions. Would have saved you the drama. 

1 hour ago, Wil6 said:

Hi Hubbers

Need some advise and help. Bought a Reba fork Monday and the add title reads, Reba RL  120mm with remote lockout. Got the fork today and there is no remote lockout included. Contacted the seller and he says that the add does not state that it comes with a OneLoc or Twistloc...

Am I reading this wrong or what must I do?

Screenshot_20220803-13392.jpg

In my world "Remote Lockout" means cable and remote lever on the handlebar so i would say you read the ad correctly - Give the seller the opportunity to pay you out the upgrade cost or chalk it up as school fees and give him the necessary rating.   

32 minutes ago, Jewbacca said:

Aren't there additional internals that have to be changed to ad a remote lockout ? I did a much older REBA and had to change the lockout cartridge for a spring loaded one

At first i thought this was an easy one but after reading it a couple times i can see how both the seller and the buyer would be right. I guess it could have read Fork with remote lockout but no lever. this assumes that the fork does in fact have the remote lockout top cap.

25 minutes ago, madmarc said:

In my world "Remote Lockout" means cable and remote lever on the handlebar so i would say you read the ad correctly - Give the seller the opportunity to pay you out the upgrade cost or chalk it up as school fees and give him the necessary rating.   

Aren't there additional internals that have to be changed to ad a remote lockout ? I did a much older REBA and had to change the lockout cartridge for a spring loaded one

The fork the OP bought has the remote lock out top already there, he is just  missing the poploc and cable.

That's where the confusion is. The Ad says 'with remote lockout' which it has,  not a manual toggle. It just doesn't include the remote. 

I see the wording as ambiguous and luckily, easily remedied 

“With remote lockout” in my book alludes and would have you believe it is in included. Would send back on principle and write off the postage fees .

And mostly definitely give him the appropriate rating.   

Edited by Pikey
Spelling

6 minutes ago, Pikey said:

“With remote lockout” in my book alludes and would have you believe it is in included. Would send back on principle and write of the postage fees .

And mostly definitely give him the appropriate rating.   

Yes we need to become more proactive with reviews as this is the way we can filter out some unwanted sly foxes here

That being said I dont believe the seller nor the buyer carries the blame its just a missunderstanding between the parties so review should not be too harsh in my opinion

7 minutes ago, Shaheedalex said:

Yes we need to become more proactive with reviews as this is the way we can filter out some unwanted sly foxes here

That being said I dont believe the seller nor the buyer carries the blame its just a missunderstanding between the parties so review should not be too harsh in my opinion

Agree 100% with what you & @Jewbacca said. Just feel the seller should of probably tried to sort this out more amicably without a post about it . 

28 minutes ago, Pikey said:

Agree 100% with what you & @Jewbacca said. Just feel the seller should of probably tried to sort this out more amicably without a post about it . 

I did, but the conversation came to a halt when he would not refund me the fork until he has it in his hands and inspected it for damages... He also told me I'm lucky that he is willing to refund me without shipping charges.

Just going to buy the lockout lever and write a negative review, Thanks for the replies.

2 minutes ago, Wil6 said:

I did, but the conversation came to a halt when he would not refund me the fork until he has it in his hands and inspected it for damages... He also told me I'm lucky that he is willing to refund me without shipping charges.

Just going to buy the lockout lever and write a negative review, Thanks for the replies.

classy

It would be great if there was a thread that could combine all these issues with sales for ease of future ref. and for people to learn from.