Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• NotSoBigBen

Top Posters In This Topic

Trying out this riding in dirt thing

Took the girls to Rietvlei today.

Super proud of the youngest, only been riding without side wheels for a month.

I soooo miss those times. Your picture reminded me of a ride we did at Jonkershoek when mine were about that size. I went ahead with the older one, he looked back to see where his younger brother was and of course went down for a proper face plant. Roasties from forehead to knee and everywhere in between. So I told him he'd just have to get on the bike and ride back to the car, there was no way I could do it for him, and I promised that I will put plasters and mercurochrome on all the wounds when we got there. After I had him all repaired I got a bit worried because my wife and the younger one was still out there and they should have been back by then. The younger one crashed too, almost identical, except that his mother promised to buy him the biggest ice cream he could eat if he made it back to the car under his own steam..........the difference between mothers and fathers I suppose. (Come to think of it, now that they are all grown up, she is much tougher on them than I am)

I soooo miss those times. Your picture reminded me of a ride we did at Jonkershoek when mine were about that size. I went ahead with the older one, he looked back to see where his younger brother was and of course went down for a proper face plant. Roasties from forehead to knee and everywhere in between. So I told him he'd just have to get on the bike and ride back to the car, there was no way I could do it for him, and I promised that I will put plasters and mercurochrome on all the wounds when we got there. After I had him all repaired I got a bit worried because my wife and the younger one was still out there and they should have been back by then. The younger one crashed too, almost identical, except that his mother promised to buy him the biggest ice cream he could eat if he made it back to the car under his own steam..........the difference between mothers and fathers I suppose. (Come to think of it, now that they are all grown up, she is much tougher on them than I am)

We set out on the 15km trail, I thought there was no way I was going to drive 40km so that we can ride 5km.

Packed a backpack full of snacks and drinks and off we went.

Took plenty encouragement in place, lots of walking in other places and lots of me carrying the little ones bike. She took a tumble or 6, but just kept going. The only time there were tears was when my wife was putting her helmet back on her and pinch her cheek with the buckle.

We landed up taking a shortcut back so only did 6km, but they had fun and so did I (even though I hardly rode).

We set out on the 15km trail, I thought there was no way I was going to drive 40km so that we can ride 5km.

Packed a backpack full of snacks and drinks and off we went.

Took plenty encouragement in place, lots of walking in other places and lots of me carrying the little ones bike. She took a tumble or 6, but just kept going. The only time there were tears was when my wife was putting her helmet back on her and pinch her cheek with the buckle.

We landed up taking a shortcut back so only did 6km, but they had fun and so did I (even though I hardly rode).

I always found the snack, drinks and picnic stuff invaluable, and quite fun.

My ride yesterday.

6103fd5b293df94c8bab68cc989b652f.jpg

How did you manage to brake that there are 2 lines there? Have you got ABS on your bicycle? [emoji23][emoji23]

Never too old to learn....2 new things...today...

1. Never wear white socks to a road race in the desert

post-35907-0-14538800-1599509130_thumb.jpeg

2. When you ride a lot on your own, you are always the fittest and fastest...this does not apply when you ride with a pelaton of more than 50 locals on a flat track in 380C through the desert...at night....ass handed to me on a plate!!! :clap:

PS I'll be back!