• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• ChrisF

Top Posters In This Topic

Such a beautiful part of the world - show us Capies a thing or two, eh?

It surely is a stunning area, and with not much cars around its a great place to ride.

But there's always something special about riding around Chappies or Gordons Bay...

It surely is a stunning area, and with not much cars around its a great place to ride.

But there's always something special about riding around Chappies or Gordons Bay...

Was looking at your pic of the bike in the middle of the road. If I try that anywhere around my usual rides, I'd be squished roadkill before I can even take a picture at 1/1000 of a second!

Was looking at your pic of the bike in the middle of the road. If I try that anywhere around my usual rides, I'd be squished roadkill before I can even take a picture at 1/1000 of a second!

its soo quiet there, you can hear cars coming from a mile away.

its soo quiet there, you can hear cars coming from a mile away.

please tell more of your route.

Starting where ?

Coffee at Clarence ?

YES, what a lovely area !!  

Was there in 2006, 6 000 km motorcycle trip in 9 days.  Cape town to St Lucia, and back via Golden Gate ....  :thumbup:   Though I did get seriously lost trying to the "gate" ...  :whistling:   :ph34r:   Certainly a bucket list item to retrace that trip one day ....

please tell more of your route.

Starting where ?

Coffee at Clarence ?

YES, what a lovely area !!  

Was there in 2006, 6 000 km motorcycle trip in 9 days.  Cape town to St Lucia, and back via Golden Gate ....  :thumbup:   Though I did get seriously lost trying to the "gate" ...  :whistling:   :ph34r:   Certainly a bucket list item to retrace that trip one day ....

was on family vacay, so we stayed at Kiara lodge which is about 20km from Clarens.

Weather was crap for 3 of the 4 days we were there. like 50-60kph winds with lots of rain.

Only had a chance to ride once, so just did the pass and got some pics.

Great place to chill, ride your bike, drink beer and put on a few kilos :w00t: :w00t:

New bike first ride ended after 9kms - phoned my wife who had to drive 30kms to fetch me as I’d dropped my car off for a service. This was at 16.45 and her only comment was “you’re lucky I had only taken my first sip”

My first road puncture in years - hope it’s not the start of a bad run

post-81229-0-90674700-1583383882_thumb.jpeg