Where has your bike taken you today?

An3

You did THAT on the gravel bike  :eek: Respect  :thumbup:

That "new" lower trail is awesome! TBH walked the last 100m part of the lower trail where it rejoins Bakoven at Ottawa Drive.... it's virtually unrideable loose stones and baby heads in a burnt out landscape...trail is hard to follow/find, I reckon even MTB will rattle your teeth loose! But the rest is sublime and some really nice hips and drops! Well worth the climb up from V Road! Need to get back there with some tyre width and suspension...

Edit...I believe that this lower section is called Lobotomy!

Edited by capediver

• Replies 30.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• NotSoBigBen

Top Posters In This Topic

Took the Sr71 out to an evening social at the 'vlei last night. Absolute peach of an evening

Me thinks the all black camo on the bike blends in nicely, dont you? 

attachicon.gifIMG_20210420_190128.jpg

Tell me more about this social ride at night. Is it open to the public? 

Yip. It's part of the DOC gang. They arrange group rides out of rietvlei Zoo. Tuesday is the 'snail gang' averaging 18 to 20kph. Wednesday evening is the medium and fast groups.

It's good fun. Dusty... But fun

Garden route dam whilst I had wheel

Alignment done on wife’s car - apparently she didn’t notice it pulling hard left - then I filled up and checked everything - rear tyres both at 1.2 - when insurance asked what car she had for window claim she said a white jeep (Mitsubishi Pajero)

Final pic for Patch the fashionista

post-81229-0-88225700-1619108292_thumb.jpeg

post-81229-0-60198900-1619108318_thumb.jpeg

post-81229-0-71484600-1619108354_thumb.jpeg

post-81229-0-62868300-1619108395_thumb.jpeg

Thanks for the laugh Wayne ..... white Jeep ... :)

Helped a lady with tires obviously under-inflated ... "Why should I check this? The car is still under warrantee..."

Alignment done on wife’s car - apparently she didn’t notice it pulling hard left - then I filled up and checked everything - rear tyres both at 1.2 - when insurance asked what car she had for window claim she said a white jeep (Mitsubishi Pajero)

New wheels and thicker rubber for the Curve?

New wheels and thicker rubber for the Curve?

I think I may have had a slightly different loaner set initially but these are the wheels that I ordered with the bike - new rubber, Panaracer 50s - bit louder on tar but seriously capable off road

You would not look out of place driving a 1996 Caravelle with that shirt.

I think I may have had a slightly different loaner set initially but these are the wheels that I ordered with the bike - new rubber, Panaracer 50s - bit louder on tar but seriously capable off road

It must be the volume of the 50s that give the illusion the rim profile is also bigger.

Bike looks hot!

With those Panaracer`s  you will manage the gravel roads and some single track in the Northern Cape.