Where has your bike taken you today?

An3

My Yeti took me high into the mountain where I found these Porcini mushrooms (Boletus edulis).

post-2975-0-69606300-1413658009_thumb.jpg

Raided a baboon troop who were also picking them. They swore at me plenty, but the foolish animals were just picking and eating the stalks, so all I had to do was to pick up the fruiting bodies and stuff my Camelback, and pockets. The advantage of riding with a Camelback.

• Replies 30.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• ChrisF

Top Posters In This Topic

My Yeti took me high into the mountain where I found these Porcini mushrooms (Boletus edulis).

attachicon.gifIMG_20141018_203021.jpg

Raided a baboon troop who were also picking them. They swore at me plenty, but the foolish animals were just picking and eating the stalks, so all I had to do was to pick up the fruiting bodies and stuff my Camelback, and pockets. The advantage of riding with a Camelback.

Great find that, no store bought mushroom will ever come close to the taste of a wild Cep. Btw, you can dry those for later use, they keep their flavour. We find those in the Cape from May through to September, but I've had a poor season collecting Ceps. My riding buddies know that I tend to make unannounced sudden stops in mushroom season, so they give me a wide berth on the single track. Edited by DJR

Great find that, no store bought mushroom will ever come close to the taste ofa wild Cep. Btw, you can dry those for later use, they keep their flavour. We find those in the Cape from May through to September, but I've had a poor season collecting Ceps. My riding buddies know that I tend to make unannounced sudden stops in mushroom season, so they give me a wide berth on the single track.

Found this one on my farm, about 25cm across

post-2975-1413659477,6588.jpg

Just on a hard ride for an hour, to try and handle the fact that my wife, the pillar of our household is in high care!  Must say she insisted, and again she was right.

Just on a hard ride for an hour, to try and handle the fact that my wife, the pillar of our household is in high care! Must say she insisted, and again she was right.

Strongs for your family!

Found this one on my farm, about 25cm across

Jiss that thing is enormous. I always thought that all mushrooms except those that grow in the styrofoam package in the fridge at Pick n Pay were poisonous.

Yesterday the top of Spioenkop......Berg&Bush Day 1.
(PS: Respect to the guy who did Spioenkop on a rigid SS.....so B&B on a rigid SS.......tough donner)

post-41755-0-64561100-1413746552_thumb.jpg

post-41755-0-74763700-1413746351_thumb.jpg

Today........B&B day 2.........a few seconds of horisontal transcendent floating due to an abrupt OTB......with small puncture wound to thigh.......iow hospital ER in Pretoria.

Spioenkop: Full route to top profile

post-41755-0-94968000-1413785260_thumb.png

Spioenkop: Climb with 14 speed bumps (1st climb)

post-41755-0-76114400-1413785270_thumb.png

Edited by BarHugger

After a blustery week, the Fatty was the perfect machine to plough through some temporarily un-manicured trails...

Cedara/ Grace College trails for the win  :thumbup: .

attachicon.gifIMG_0873 copy.jpg

This is the first, last and only time I will be saying this, so listen carefully. 

That's one sexy fattie. I'd love to ride her ragged!  :drool:  :drool:

My bike took me from Midrand to that monument on the far right and brought me here :

post-4100-0-80375100-1413802306_thumb.jpg

From there it took me to that tower on the left and this is the road up to the tower :

Carpet getting a head start.

post-4100-0-76132500-1413802343_thumb.jpg

From that tower it took us to Fountains Valley and up to that line of trees on that little hill in the first pic.

That was only the start of the days climbing.

Edited by Wyatt Earp

went for a solo ride at Northerns .. my little tiger was much loved by the kids out on the trails. The one little guy started pedalling hard alongside me going "Squeak your tiger, Squeak your tiger"

post-44041-0-94503600-1413803605_thumb.jpg

Properly kakked off at Thaba on saturday PM.

Can see why Notsobigben rolls with a 20 sproket.

Must say the Pitchfork handled everything Thaba threw at it with the utmost finesse, man I love that fork.

Took a wrong turn onto the trail running route, and hiked my bike while having some choice words for myself.

No pictures...could hardly keep myself upright let alone a phone steady for a shot.