• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• ChrisF

Top Posters In This Topic

On the way home, the wifes car spewed all its water out, water pump stuffed! So, I took it to the mechanic this morning. I gave mechanic one of the bottles of whiskey, but my Christmas present GONE anyway. Then I cycled home, only to have my rear derailleur break! Now wifes Christmas present GONE too! Ai tog! Wonder what the 3rd thing is going to be?

What speed RD is that DJR? If it's 10 I have a 105 you can have!

What speed RD is that DJR? If it's 10 I have a 105 you can have!

Thanks for the offer, I've ordered and will get the replacement early in Jan. (it is a 10 sp Campy) Luckily I have another bike that I can ride in he mean time. Had some good news, got the water pump replaced and for less than some bike repairs I've had. :thumbup:

Misty Midlands century ride. 

Mist. Rain. Mud. Cold. Backroads. Perfect for the X.

attachicon.gifIMG_1466.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_1469.JPG

Never seen 2 x bottle cages mounted that way before, if I may ask why not the usual method with one on the seat post?

post-182-0-62106000-1419418910_thumb.png

Never seen 2 x bottle cages mounted that way before, if I may ask why not the usual method with one on the seat post?

attachicon.gif2014-12-24_1200.png

Observant. It's a CX bike. Cotic built it without a mount on the seat tube and with two mounts on the down tube. The idea is that when racing CX the top tube and seat tube 'corner' are easily accessed to sling the bike over ones shoulder...

Like this...

post-12909-0-98494500-1419419805_thumb.jpg

Most guys don't bother with bottles though, it seems...

Observant. It's a CX bike. Cotic built it without a mount on the seat tube and with two mounts on the down tube. The idea is that when racing CX the top tube and seat tube 'corner' are easily accessed to sling the bike over ones shoulder...

Like this...

attachicon.gifCyclocross-Shouldering-Bike-Carry-BikeSnobNYC.jpg

Most guys don't bother with bottles though, it seems...

This is what I've learnt today, cool :thumbup:

attachicon.gif2014-12-24_1200.png

I asked him exactly the same thing this morning.(its also the first time i've seen a pink bottle ?)

Edited by chainsaw