Where has your bike taken you today?

An3

Tokai with Deon.

Went to check out DH Zero. Had trouble controlling my bladder while walking it. So, yeah well ........ I think I'll leave that for the younger crazier types with meaner bikes and better armour.

Lizzard, Boulders, Cobra, Mamba, Boomslang, Snake Eyes, Vasbyt. Damn, it was GOOD!

B.t.w. if you wonder what Tokai MTB does, besides for the trailbuilding, security, picking up broken collarbones and so on, they also serve as fire lookouts. Had a grand stand view of the Huey putting out the fire that some naughty kids started in Lower Tokai. Story goes that it is the 3rd fire they started in 3 days, trying to get the choppers out......let's hope they are happy now. 

The rest of the story goes.. 3 fires set in that section by 10am, the first started at around 3am. That fire was the 4th!

Someone was seen leaving the scene but got away.

Edit. SO the total fires for the day was  6!!!

All the sections had someone light a fire at various parts of the day, upper, middle and lower.

Edited by (Deon)

• Replies 30.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• ChrisF

Top Posters In This Topic

Ja, heard that.. you weren't turning back up the hill, nor was I heading back down.

"Howsit!"

Hey!! 

Lekker man, I could of considered it if I was alone, but we already did a few km up there yesterday, lizard - which rocks, then up to Bridal path for the first time since reopening, negotiated a couple for dropped trees but the trail rolls so well, then back up to DH1 for a quick run and then back up to mamba for a run all the way to the car park. 

Was lekker, now for some tygerberg fun today!!

Hey!! 

Lekker man, I could of considered it if I was alone, but we already did a few km up there yesterday, lizard - which rocks, then up to Bridal path for the first time since reopening, negotiated a couple for dropped trees but the trail rolls so well, then back up to DH1 for a quick run and then back up to mamba for a run all the way to the car park. 

Was lekker, now for some tygerberg fun today!!

Did you notice that despite there being wind, it wasn't actually as bad as in the suburbs? I found that despite some headwind gusts, I may have even set a PB on Vasbyt.

Same for Snakes, largely sheltered in their location just on the back of the slopes. 

Did you notice that despite there being wind, it wasn't actually as bad as in the suburbs? I found that despite some headwind gusts, I may have even set a PB on Vasbyt.

Same for Snakes, largely sheltered in their location just on the back of the slopes. 

Only section I had some real issues with the wind was on Bridal. I got blown off twice. Vasbyt was ok, but yeah, there was no chance of speeding in that wind. We actually gave up on riding around the peninsula yesterday morning for Tokai MTB,

....................I may have even set a PB on Vasbyt......................

No kidding! You are the reason I discovered that my Trance grew a reverse gear in the few months I neglected it for the road bike! That's how slow I was by comparison! :blush:

No kidding! You are the reason I discovered that my Trance grew a reverse gear in the few months I neglected it for the road bike! That's how slow I was by comparison! :blush:

Just wait a while, he was talking about getting Strava up and running earlier today.

Something seems to have unleashed a previously hidden competitive streak. It may be the new haircut  :devil:

Just wait a while, he was talking about getting Strava up and running earlier today.

Something seems to have unleashed a previously hidden competitive streak. It may be the new haircut  :devil:

:D That must be it! Less air resistance with the mop of hair gone.......devious plan that! ;)

On the money Fanie! Jy ken jou paaie.

Grew up in Universitas and worked on a vegetable farm close to the kakplaas