• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• ChrisF

Top Posters In This Topic

Got home and everybody had left. So I took my kayak down to the little dam near my house. Tested my art lure skills and managed to bag two barbel. Catch and release as it should be. Check how that fella swallowed a pumkin seed lure!

daai bene is gladder as die baber #doyouevenaerobru

Had a treasure hunt at Pniel started the trail with a couple of other riders but halfway up they stopped to regroup so went on with a map I grabbed at the trail shop luckily because the trail sign right at the top fell off. But the rest of the trail was descently marked.

post-80000-0-21457300-1538860459_thumb.jpg

post-80000-0-20062100-1538860504_thumb.jpg

Me-myself-I-ride-the-Atlantic! (Apologies to Joan Armatrading) Sometimes the solitude of a lone ride is what is needed to clear the head-fluff.

Two battery packs on there? How were you out for?

Two battery packs on there? How were you out for?

One for the front and one for the rear light. Rear orange light is hidden behind the wheel. I like being as visible as possible, especially on lone rides, so I run the lights all the time. I find that it makes a definite difference especially through dodgy, narrow and busy traffic areas. Drivers seem to give me a bit more space when passing from behind and are less likely to pull out in front of me. :) But it does look terrible, especially on that bike. Sorry :blush:

Who knows the trails on table mountain? Have seen some awesome single track vids but can't seem to find any decent info. Anybody riding there regularly that won't mind 2 grap gatte joining sometime I would really appreciate it.

Who knows the trails on table mountain? Have seen some awesome single track vids but can't seem to find any decent info. Anybody riding there regularly that won't mind 2 grap gatte joining sometime I would really appreciate it.

http://www.tablemountainbikers.co.za/routes-trails/

They are not the greatest, but the only ones I ever saw. Done by Table Mountain Bikers. But hey, how lost can you get with a landmark like that? 

There's a thursday night ride that starts most weeks at 17h30 sharp from Union Avenue in tamboerskloof. Takes in most of the trails on TM most of the time. 

There's a thursday night ride that starts most weeks at 17h30 sharp from Union Avenue in tamboerskloof. Takes in most of the trails on TM most of the time.

thanks will definitely see if I can skip out early on work 1 Thursday for that.

Later afternoon ride at Bloemendal.  100m ahead of us was another father and son doing B-Spot.  The kid was on a 20'', and motoring along !!

Maritz took up the challange and dropped his shoulders and did his best ever time around B-Spot, catching the other kid towards the end of the lap.

Turns out the other kid is also 7 years old, and pretty handy on his bike !!

They wanted a 2 round of B-Spot, this time Maritz had to lead the way .... at the end of the two laps they averaged 12,4km/h !! :thumbup:

We stopped for some water, and then Maritz says that he wants to ride the hill up to the Eskom lines ...  :eek:  Now I KNOW Maritz, and I know his limits regarding hills .... what I did not bargain on was the benefit of peer pressure .... The other kid also wants to ride up - his dad just as surprized ....

These two laaities CYCLED up half way, all the way to the vineyard cheat line !  :clap:

Seriously impressed with both kids !!