• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• Hairy

• gummibear

• Eddy Gordo

Top Posters In This Topic

we don't joke about coal during loadshedding

Ironic isn't it? Eskom needs coal and how many people use coal for a braai?

Ah, one of my colleagues just told me that Eskom has coal, and that it's more of a maintenance issue.

Edited by WeekendWarrior80

Ah, one of my colleagues just told me that Eskom has coal, and that it's more of a maintenance issue.

It's not a braai if you use coal - a real braai only uses wood.  All others - coal, gas etc. - are mere barbecues.   :whistling:

It's not a braai if you use coal - a real braai only uses wood.  All others - coal, gas etc. - are mere barbecues.   :whistling:

if you use the same coal on your braai you'll probably die

Interesting re supposed coal shortage.

I am CFO for a company that operates washplants on 8 coal mines in Mpumulanga. We have been operating at maximum capacity all year. November was our best month in terms of revenue earned.

And I assume all the other coal mines are working at maximum capacity.

So if Eskom has a coal shortage it is because they want this situation to exist.

That makes me American then, by using briquettes? :P

Nah, I've only ever once braai'd using wood. I just find it more convenient using briquettes. Maybe I'll use wood for our braai on New Years day.

Interesting re supposed coal shortage.

I am CFO for a company that operates washplants on 8 coal mines in Mpumulanga. We have been operating at maximum capacity all year. November was our best month in terms of revenue earned.

And I assume all the other coal mines are working at maximum capacity.

So if Eskom has a coal shortage it is because they want this situation to exist.

YAY, somebody hits the nail on the head.

Funny how the causation of the load shedding changes almost daily.

YAY, somebody hits the nail on the head.

Funny how the causation of the load shedding changes almost daily.

Eksdom recently got a severe hiding from their new political masters......now they are simply "managing" it to cause another crisis........to extort more bailouts! Mark my words! As soon as they get what they want, the loadshitting nonsense will go away immediately! :cursing:

funny how we always have load shedding right around the time they want a big increase in tarriffs

A friend of mine who is an editor of a financial publication, just tweeted this:

Load shedding in progress just as the consultation process for Nuclear Site License on West Coast starts. Just received my invite to attend. Coincidence?

Eksdom recently got a severe hiding from their new political masters......now they are simply "managing" it to cause another crisis........to extort more bailouts! Mark my words! As soon as they get what they want, the loadshitting nonsense will go away immediately! :cursing:

It's a nice theory, but a bit far fetched.

Co-ordinating loadshedding to gain politically/financially.

Essentially holding the country to ransom.

It would either need to be extremely ballsy or extremely well coordinated to cover it up.

I don't think they have either capability.