• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• Hairy

• gummibear

• Eddy Gordo

Top Posters In This Topic

By all accounts last nights quake's epicentre was about 10 km north of Malmesbury, and this mornings aftershocks was closer to home, just north of Meerendal Wine Farm, next to Adderley rd.

It was not the big one 1900km in the sea, and measured about 2.5. We heard the "boom" of the initial release of energy, and then the shockwaves followed.

I was out on the bike this morning, so I did not feel/hear the two aftershocks. 

https://www.news24.com/news24/southafrica/news/25-magnitude-earthquake-confirmed-in-western-cape-unrelated-to-quake-off-sas-coast-20200927

Edited by Wannabe

Almost the same happened to me when I bought my first real road bike. But this oke was on a Bmx fully kitted in an overall also with a backpack and wearing gumboots. Made a U-turn just there and then, came home and gave my bike to my one worker. Cycling shoes included in the deal. [emoji3061][emoji23][emoji2957] Edited by BSG

They sure that’s double black? Looks more like red, or is that tygerberm double black? [emoji38]

let's not go there with the rating systems.

Something similar happened to me once. I was road riding on my MTB about 20km into the ride, battling along. Along came this old guy on one of this black single speed bikes and caught me on the uphill. He slowed down, said Hi and offered me a smoke. I declined, he lit one up for himself and powered away.

I did the remaining 20km feeling very sorry for myself  :D

From what I've heard from people that have seen the original, the Kreepy version is better

The original is good... but let's just say the oke has a very creepy relationship with an octopus.

The Kreepy version is definitely better though :D

From what I've heard from people that have seen the original, the Kreepy version is better

The original is good... but let's just say the oke has a very creepy relationship with an octopus.

The Kreepy version is definitely better though :D

As a skeptic by nature, it was a bit cringy at times for me, and too much fluff was created for dramatic effect. It's not a documentary as many would tell you. It's a story of a privilege white guy going through his midlife crisis filming an octopus. 

Only thing that saved it for me was the cinematography. We've gone crayfish and abalone diving in those waters before, but never experienced it like that - truly beautiful and worth it just for that.

Edited by stefmeister