Show us your pets

tunariaan

Bailey van Biljon

15/01/2008 - 9/6/2020

Had to make the most difficult decision tonight, after my baby girl had a very bad stroke.

Go get those moles my rubbish [emoji3590]

a18add9b14d97dee4bcb9c5a51c49017.jpg

Sorry to hear :(

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bailey van Biljon

15/01/2008 - 9/6/2020

Had to make the most difficult decision tonight, after my baby girl had a very bad stroke.

Sorry man...I may also have that decision to make sometime. Its tough and takes some getting over.

Best wishes.

Bailey van Biljon

15/01/2008 - 9/6/2020

Sorry man, that's a tough pill to swallow.

Bailey van Biljon

15/01/2008 - 9/6/2020

So terribly sorry.

Stella, not very happy with the world after she got back from the vet to get spayed. But at least I managed to get dry firewood and she quickly learnt that that spot was the place to be!

Shame man..she doesn't look pleased.

Lab & Boxer Burrito :)

post-82251-0-76707300-1591949580_thumb.png

It's so cold and they are loving the blankets in the morning. 

The dogs used to sleep outside until we got the Lab spayed. You obviously have to keep them apart for 10 days after the op so the wound doesn't tear. The first night after the op we had Mila (the lab) sleep inside, but Diesel (the boxer) was ramming our bedroom door that leads to the backyard with his head and making a hell of a noise because he was alone outside. We gave in and let him in for the night thinking it would just be for 10 days - it turned out to actually be so easy and painless with them sleeping inside that it's now a permanent thing.

I grew up with dogs sleeping outside, so it was just what I was used to. But on weeks like these I actually can't believe I put those poor things out in the freezing cold.

Lab & Boxer Burrito :)

I grew up with dogs sleeping outside, so it was just what I was used to. But on weeks like these I actually can't believe I put those poor things out in the freezing cold.

My dogs sleep inside, but that's because I am scared of then being poisoned at night.

There is still risk of that in the day as well though.

My dogs sleep inside, but that's because I am scared of then being poisoned at night.

There is still risk of that in the day as well though.

Crazy that we live in a world where that is a reality.

At least no one is going to try dog-nap your dog/bear creature.

Edited by Grease_Monkey

We have had snow on the mountains the last few days. The mutt has decided his mattress on the floor is not good enough so now we are having a threesome.

Reminds me of my  late old GSD. One night,  I semi woke up as I felt a smallish body getting into the middle of our bed. I presumed it was one of the children so went straight back to sleep. 

In the morning I sleepily turned over to cuddle said child only to discover a very furry 'child' happily ensconced with his head on the pillow wagging his tail with delight that I was now awake. He normally slept on a mattress next to my side of the bed but for some reason that night he decided to sleep with us. 

I still miss my old boy terribly and it's been quite a few years. I  really love/d all my dogs,  but he was my baby.

Stella much happier now, ignoring the cone when she isn't trying to chew it off. I already had to do some running repairs with cable ties and duct tape. Distracting her with toys seem to be the only (temporary) remedy. 

post-17716-0-45652700-1592135676_thumb.jpg