Boast about your latest purchases here...

camerons

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What br(e)akes were they?

Shimano M7120, these levers are actually for the M7000, but with some very slight modification they fit very nicely

Finally the day I could upgrade!

Specialized Stumpjumper  2021

I have a question. The bike appears to be a large and the seatpost appears to be about 10m extended above the frame. 150mm drop?

How tall are you? 

Picked up this mint, never ever been ridden Gary Fisher Superfly carbon frame for mahala. Just after this they became Trek Superflys but it's the exact same frame. Missing a few crucial bits around the derailleur hanger and shock mounting hardware BUT!

Some may remember I recently built up 2 Alu Superflys .... stripped one of them for the parts and missing bits and ended up with this.

So now have an Alu and Carbon as per the pics [emoji41]7db67be06fdd3a7088e373fb21a9bc45.jpg950e066a0d8c101c43af74ec0d533608.jpgea9a4864505681ecdea676e61136e575.jpg

Finally the day I could upgrade!

Specialized Stumpjumper  2021

What a ridiculously good looking bicycle! 

I hate riding with backpacks.. but I'm planning a few long MTB rides this holiday where it's not possible to refuel along the way. This seems like the best minimalistic option there is.

Bought straight from Uswe overseas because there's nowhere stock in South Africa.

Price R1069,23 plus R645,75 import duties & taxes = R1714,98, and took less than 10 days to get here. 

Bargain!

post-119556-0-98579300-1607505257_thumb.jpeg

I hate riding with backpacks.. but I'm planning a few long MTB rides this holiday where it's not possible to refuel along the way. This seems like the best minimalistic option there is.

Bought straight from Uswe overseas because there's nowhere stock in South Africa.

Price R1069,23 plus R645,75 import duties & taxes = R1714,98, and took less than 10 days to get here. 

Bargain!

attachicon.gifWhatsApp Image 2020-12-09 at 10.05.32.jpeg

I bought one a few years ago from a shop in northern suburbs somewhere. They advertised here on bikehub. Anyway the criss cross straps are the best and I dont think I would be able ride with std  straps again

A little upgrade for my Enduro Machine.. The Pike up front suddenly looks very BLACK

I sent mine (not an enduro beast, but a Fox nevertheless) to RBC and it was changed to black. Happy days

Bargain!

attachicon.gifWhatsApp Image 2020-12-09 at 10.05.32.jpeg

I bought one a few years ago from a shop in northern suburbs somewhere. They advertised here on bikehub. Anyway the criss cross straps are the best and I dont think I would be able ride with std  straps again

Whilst I haven't ridden with a Uswe pack, I do have some Kriega gear (similar strap concept) which I use on the dirt bike and it is life-changing.

Moving that weight off the shoulders onto ones chest results in a lot less fatigue. Plus I find I don't even use the old strap around the love-handles, to prevent the backpack bouncing around, as the shoulder strap design takes care of that too.

Edited by patches

A little upgrade for my Enduro Machine.. The Pike up front suddenly looks very BLACK

Upgrade time upfront soon ?

I hope the set-up goes well. My new Trance has the DPX2 (non Kashima) and for the love of me I can't seem to get a good set-up that minimises pedal bob, and the Trance platform is renowned for minimising pedal bob! The interwebs seem to be very silent on this issue - if you find the magic setting let me know ! 

Actually - I reckon we should set up a new thread titled "Latest purchase - one month after", in which we give feedback or installation tips on all the lemons or the hero purchases that appear in this thread. It could also be the confession thread - I am sure someone here has paid good money for an item that they boasted about, only for them only to totally wreck it when they install the widget backwards.