Boast about your latest purchases here...

camerons

Die voor-shock kom met "volume spacers". Dit maak dit "sporty", en harder op die gewrigte .. perfek vir die manne wat hard jaag .... vir n sagter rit, haal een van die volume spacers uit - https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/178320-scott-spark-940-or-what-else/page-11

Bladsy 11 en 12 ...

Volume spacers should make for a softer ride, not a harder one.

The more volume spacers you add the more progressive your fork is, allowing you to add less air pressure, giving you better small bump sensitivity all while ramping up towards the end of the stroke to avoid bottoming out.

Less volume spacers means more linear travel, which means that at the same pressure as a fork with more volume spacers you will bottom out easier, meaning you will have to run more psi - translating to worse small bump sensitivity meaning it will be harsher on the wrist.

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Chris, took the bike for a shakedown today. Impressed with the bike, need to find the sweet spot with the front fork. Pressure too high presently, will work on that this week.

Volume spacers should make for a softer ride, not a harder one.

The more volume spacers you add the more progressive your fork is, allowing you to add less air pressure, giving you better small bump sensitivity all while ramping up towards the end of the stroke to avoid bottoming out.

Less volume spacers means more linear travel, which means that at the same pressure as a fork with more volume spacers you will bottom out easier, meaning you will have to run more psi - translating to worse small bump sensitivity meaning it will be harsher on the wrist.

Went through this excercise with my 940 as you can see from the link Chris posted. The fork come with the maximum number of volume spacers installed. With the correct sag it was too progressive and harsh on the wrists whilst leaving too much travel untapped. One less spacer, 10PSI more pressure and it is butter smooth

Went through this excercise with my 940 as you can see from the link Chris posted. The fork come with the maximum number of volume spacers installed. With the correct sag it was too progressive and harsh on the wrists whilst leaving too much travel untapped. One less spacer, 10PSI more pressure and it is butter smooth

So I'm assuming too hard on the wrists with big hits then, not small bump? I understood small bump harshness from the post - obviously wrongly so.

Nothing mind-blowing, been looking for a decent commuting/race/weekend away bag for quite some time. I had my eyes on the Thule Crossover 25L but that price tag was just ridiculous for me. Saw this on the Cape Epic website and ordered it immediately. Needed to add a few things to get the free shipping though...

5mgPlLK.jpg

Bit of a Garmin whore and these are the latest additions.

Garmin Edge explore - I have the edge 520 and sometimes when I go out on the trails I still need my phone for mapping so bought the explore which has full maps functionality.

Garmin Varia , I get lost in thought ,this little device warns me of vehicles.

Garmin Vivosport ,Xmas pressie for lovely wife. Her current tomtom getting old.

post-58227-0-63335900-1543255183_thumb.jpeg