Boast about your latest purchases here...

camerons

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I used LockTight when I fitted mine

I did not do this, over December I lost 3 pins in my Spank pedals.Where can the pins be purchased, if anybody knows?

I did not do this, over December I lost 3 pins in my Spank pedals.Where can the pins be purchased, if anybody knows?

Get the sizing, i know getstokeddistribution has dmr pins that can be ordered via your lbs

If I'm not mistaken. It's called grub screws, so any nut and bolt place

You are correct good sir. They are grub screws. Best bet would be to take your pedal to a fastener place in an industrial area and get the right size and test it.

I would go for grade 12.9 steel or stainless if you can find it. May not be able to find either and have to stick to Gr8.8, which is fine, just not as strong as 12.9.

If I'm not mistaken. It's called grub screws, so any nut and bolt place

The spank does not use grub screws, more like a cap screw. But the end is not threaded.

See below:

post-35569-0-39700900-1553675304.jpg

post-35569-0-47162800-1553675328_thumb.jpg

So I can buy a bolt, but then I don't have a lathe to make the front as per the original.........

The spank does not use grub screws, more like a cap screw. But the end is not threaded.

See below:

attachicon.gifPins.jpg

attachicon.gifPin and bolt.JPG

So I can buy a bolt, but then I don't have a lathe to make the front as per the original.........

Shoot these guys an email. I was looking for some really hard to find screws for a custom computer build. I also needed a part of the screws to be threadless. Much to my surprise they had exactly what I needed. If they don't. I'm pretty sure they can point you in the right direction. Especially since they're not in your area and these things are pretty hard to get right without a sample. 

Edited by popcorn_skollie

See below:

attachicon.gifPins.jpg

If the thread fits, it will work, grub or cap screw. Nor does it matter that one end is thread-free. :thumbup: File it off if you are OCD that way.  But if the grub screws are cheaper and plentiful, go with that. 

Good move, you can get up anything with a 30t chainring.

You don't need a chain guide, if your chain length is right the chain will stay on with a narrow wide ring.

You were very much correct there, I was pleasantly surprised at the top of that climb how different reality and expectations were. It was harder, but not stop and start walking harder.

Scott Spark 930 (2018)

MTB Vids: ltstyt.be/@remelehane

If the thread fits, it will work, grub or cap screw. Nor does it matter that one end is thread-free. :thumbup: File it off if you are OCD that way.  But if the grub screws are cheaper and plentiful, go with that. 

This

Yeah, it dont matter if the threads all the way to the top. The screws on my deity pedals turn in from the bottom and the thread goes to the end of the allen bolt.

And this. 

But, if you really want the SPANK ones, you can get them at..... Stoke.

See below:

attachicon.gifPins.jpg

Spezialiced use the "grubscrew" on the flats I bought

Shimano use the "bolt through" option, then you remove shims to set the amount the stubb sticks out ...

So YES, remove one of the "screws/bolts" and get similar from your nearest Bolt&Nut centre.