The Froome Dawg Thread

'Dale

He's always kinda been a one tour focus guy and then generation is slowly moving aside. 

You're thinking of  One Nut.

He purposefully hid his form from his rivals and is famous for suggesting he went harder in training than in early season races.

• Replies 857
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

February is still a little early to be writing anyone off for July IMO.

You could be right, but history shows the TDF guys are usually grouped together right from the start, with a few notable exceptions like the light in the underpants Lance.

So, is Froome done? Languishing BEHIND maincheese in the TT at UAE yesterday? I mean, that's as has been as you get if even wee Louis beats you?

He may be, he's old, been off the pace awhile, not at the best team. Would I bet on him? Probably not, would I bet against him? Not on your life. I'll just put this out here, Giro 2018. Now that he's no longer at Sky, what's not to like?

Whatever gets you to 7 grand tour wins.

Meh.

Lance and Contador did it with style and panache.

You CAN look like a spastic praying mantis, you don't HAVE to.

Edited by TNT1

Meh.

Panache? I think you mean drugs? Funny, I searched all the results pages for the GT’s, no Lance there. 

Panache? I think you mean drugs? Funny, I searched all the results pages for the GT’s, no Lance there.

World Champ ‘93

Cute. I didn't know I was talking to one of those.

As you were then, continue in a world where only Lance doped and he only ever won anything because of the doping.

You believe in father christmas and the tooth fairy as well I assume.

Meh.

He who will not be mentioned "won" the same way Froome won.... Blue train killed off any possible challenges from any other team and then he who will not be mentioned finished it off..

As for Contador.. Yeah I was a big fan of how he raced.

He who will not be mentioned "won" the same way Froome won.... Blue train killed off any possible challenges from any other team and then he who will not be mentioned finished it off..

The point under discussion is the spastic stupid tuck. Lance wouldn't be caught dead looking so undignified.

The point under discussion is the spastic stupid tuck. Lance wouldn't be caught dead looking so undignified.

[emoji1787] [emoji1787] [emoji1787] [emoji1787].. Well the tuck only has a few weeks left of being around.. It was the elbows and stem gazing that got me[emoji23]

Well the tuck only has a few weeks left of being around.. It was the elbows and stem gazing that got me

I read his autobiography a bit earlier in the year and, for what it's worth, he does at least acknowledge that he looks terrible on a bike. He said that after his first pro bike-fit with sky (I think) his saddle felt too high so he dropped it down quite a bit, which is why his legs never come close to straightening in his pedal stroke. Nobody else rides like that but apparently it feels normal to him. Add that to the elbows sticking out all the time and stem gazing.... ya it's not exactly Cancellara.