Shocking incident between van driver and cyclists in Camps Bay

Surv0MTB

DIPSLICK........ Your example is a good one. Probably not what happened, but it highlights how important the real story is. I had less success in trying to put that point across and was accused of "being one of them".

I hate violence and this behaviour is way out of line....

But, If it comes out that earlier in the day that van was seen harrasing a lone female cyclist, or had tried to run someone off the road (hyperthetically speaking)........ Then i'm guessing everyone will want the drivers head on a stake...

correct i did not read the SMALLt :whistling: eye witness account simply because i couldnt, but my point was based on the video and all the HANG EM chirps,,rookie mistake :whistling:

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There is always 3 sides to every story:

1. your side

2. my side

3. the truth

Either way, SIES! :thumbdown:

<hijack> small h...its been a while....!</hijack>

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10202991800372949

These cyclists are clearly out of line, cant see what started it but definitely taken way to far by these pieces of trash.

Would love to know the club involved, cant seem to see it in the video.

There is many reasons why those kids got beatten .... an many reasons why cyclist are acting out the way they are many has been knocked over an killed many have been mugged by guys in vans ... So this happend for a reason . the guy taking this clip has his own understanding of what happened but did he get out of his car an ask WHY !!!! does not seem so . to me it seem watching that clip it shows the guy in the car throwing the first punch but what happened before the clip me an you an the guy taking the clip will never No !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

we can all comment on how crazy they are .............. come on guys think of it like this what if it was YOU or your CHILD what would you do .

we can all comment on how crazy they are .............. come on guys think of it like this what if it was YOU or your CHILD what would you do .

There is many reasons why those kids got beatten .... an many reasons why cyclist are acting out the way they are many has been knocked over an killed many have been mugged by guys in vans ... So this happend for a reason . the guy taking this clip has his own understanding of what happened but did he get out of his car an ask WHY !!!! does not seem so . to me it seem watching that clip it shows the guy in the car throwing the first punch but what happened before the clip me an you an the guy taking the clip will never No !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please tell us your son's version of events?

I am guessing that he was involved

Nice of you to come register just to defend these thugs... care to share your side of the story :ph34r:

Name and shame chaps. Someone must know someone on the clip.

DISGUSTING!!!

Nice of you to come register just to defend these thugs... care to share your side of the story :ph34r:

IS THAT A WARM WELCOME TO THE HUB ANDREW?????

Especially if it was you and your child in the car/van!

Oh Dear... Your first post on the Hub is to try and defend these thugs?

Perhaps you should point out which one of the people in the video is you.

There is a clear eye witness account (from an unrelated party) of what happened prior to the video, and no justification can make what happened acceptable.

I live in Sea Point and this incident doesn't suprise me in the least. For some reason cyclists believe that they own the left hand lane along Sea Point Beach Road, and always ride at least 2 abreast. Every car has to move over to the right hand lane to pass them. Heaven forbid that you give a light hoot to request them not to ride 2 abreast ... you will get all kinds of abuse and hand gestures. The general behaviour is shocking. There are further numerous traffic lights along that section of road and in 10 years on living in Sea Point have only ever seen 1 group of cyclists obey them. Was actually going to write a post on that about 3 weeks ago congratulating that group, but never got round to doing it.

as far as I know a cyclist is entitled to the entire lane, I speak under correction, so please correct if I'm wrong? So although 2 abreast is illegal, if a single bike was to take up the entire lane i.e. no room to over take then what are you left with? Stay behind him at bikes pace or overtake when safe to do so whilst adhering to the 1m bylaw not 1,5m? Thoughts? Edited by milky4130

if it was ME - Woulda taken my shoes off first....

or my CHILD (in that video) - smack his arse so hard he wont be riding argust anytime soon

Get someone to read the OP's thread to you, S L O W L Y .

The van was double parked. The leader of the group did not look where he was going as he was looking BEHIND him. He saw the vehicle at the last moment, and managed to avoid going into the back of it, and then what you see on the vid followed.

JY MOET KONSENTREER IN DIE KLAS.

Still waiting for the perps to come up with their side I see. I am guessing that isn't ever going to happen... As the judge in Oscars trial will eventually say - "Guilty" :thumbdown: