Tumbles in spot of bother

Spinnekop

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I often am an advocate for not renaming threads because they provide an insight to hire the started even though they finish completely differently... And this is the same... Except it's not.. because it's about one of us. My point is this thread has morphed into a rememberance of Barry.... So instead of renaming.. Maybe a mod can find a point where we started remembering and move all posts going forward from that onto a new thread aptly titled.. With a note in this one to look to the new thread and then lock this one.

Just thinking out loud. Interested in others thoughts

Agreed.Lock it down and transfer the recent comments

I often am an advocate for not renaming threads because they provide an insight to hire the started even though they finish completely differently... And this is the same... Except it's not.. because it's about one of us. My point is this thread has morphed into a rememberance of Barry.... So instead of renaming.. Maybe a mod can find a point where we started remembering and move all posts going forward from that onto a new thread aptly titled.. With a note in this one to look to the new thread and then lock this one.

Just thinking out loud. Interested in others thoughts

WWBD?

I think he would leave it as is.

interestingly, ever since Barry left us, ZANEWs has stopped airing. coincidence?!

Will one of you guys start another thread for remembering Tumbleweed and then I will move posts across.

Just a bit tied up with work at the moment to do it all at once.

• 3 months later...

Can't believe it's almost a year since Barry's passing. :mellow:

Holy crap. Feels like just yesterday that I met him at the FLM in Cape Town to chat about his exit from the paper.

Without going back through the thread,I believe the anniversary for Barry is the 9th March

I will have a beer and a smoke next Friday while I reflect on my memories of him

Now there is a plan ????

Still come across some of Barry’s posts on the hub and then reality sinks in....

I hope his hounds and kids are all well!

Still once in a while find cool LEGO and think of tumbles

Was in our local VW dealer last weekend and there were some Lego sets of vintage VW Beatles and Combis.  Also immediately thought of Tumbles then.

Been thinking about his accident and the anniversary of his death so much. Was on my way to CTCT when I got news of his death. We’d stopped on the N1 just outside Worcester. Am dreading going past there again. Wierd how a place and time becomes a vessel for dark memories. Going there makes it feel as if it’s happening all over again. I miss Barry’s hub posts especially his insights into current events. And the chat about friends and places we had in common.

Was reading an article just this week by Kevin and actually kept thinking about Barry. I remembered our early morning twitter chats. He had one of my favorite and most interacted with twitter feeds.

yip twitter has not been the same without the stories from the train....  :unsure:  :(

Without going back through the thread,I believe the anniversary for Barry is the 9th March

I will have a beer and a smoke next Friday while I reflect on my memories of him

I will join you in the beer next Friday!