Gravel bikes - what do you have and where did you buy it?

Myth

• Replies 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

At what point should you put your gravel bike back in the garage and just use your mountain bike?

Prototype Niner Magic Carpet Ride full suspension gravel road bike

2019-niner-magic-carpet-ride-full-suspen

https://www.bikerumor.com/2018/04/19/soc18-prototype-niner-magic-carpet-ride-full-suspension-gravel-road-bike/

Merits of going too far into MTB territory to one side for a moment. This looks so cool! Love the teal-black colour scheme.

• 4 weeks later...

Man, i am currently eyeing a stigmata. I am a mountain biker at heart. Always have been! Yet i do enjoy the odd road race (like argus - on a borrowed road bike every year). But i just cant get myself to buy a dedicated road bike. A cross bike i will ride more than just the odd road race since i can klap some gravel roads with the odd gravel race thrown in. I have seen builds coming in at 7.3kg! Crazy. Mine will prob be closer to 8kg but i am sure i will still manage to klap a sub 3 come argus time? (given correct gearing and tyre choice). What do you gravel donkeys think?  :whistling:

Ek dink my bergfiets kan dalk n bietjie stof vergader. Ek is mal oor dit.

Dito! I sold my Giant TCX to buy a "real road bike" and a "real mountain bike (scott spark 930)". I love the road bike, but the mountain bike feels like a truck compared to riding the TCX on gravel or flat fast single track.

• 3 weeks later...

Finally getting a gravel frame. Thanks Peds, taking his Fuji frame off his hands. It May be another month or 2 until it is ready to roll as I must still source some wheels and shifters. Budget spent for this month.