Cape Epic 2019

AllAboutRides

okee dokee, so now we know he reads what people say about him on the web - open season kids!!

I'm pretty sure we're the least of his problems... the backlash after his Commonwealth games tantrum was huge and he's under scrutiny far beyond the realm of leBikeHub. Those twattaroos are pretty feisty at the best of times

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure if it's been posted ...e7393296e44563bcdfbf1aad0f8fdf68.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I think the fall is just an excuse; we all know it was the effort he put in the super tough Argus only a few days ago that has set him back. You dont come away from a ride like that without any collateral damage ????

No but I think his mother in law whips his butt on the grocery run using her e-bike.

An extra 250W on the ups will certainly help one keep up

the extra weight on the downs makes you go faster.

Still need to keep up with the worlds best on the descents. Reckon thats pretty damn hard on a 20 odd kg ebike

I think the fall is just an excuse; we all know it was the effort he put in the super tough Argus only a few days ago that has set him back. You dont come away from a ride like that without any collateral damage

I still want to know how the South African roadies let him win that...  :ph34r:

Edited by peetwindhoek

The eBike guys are pro level riders. The eBikes are long travel trail bikes and far better equipped to handle the downs than twitchy marathon bikes. As DnD says the extra weight actually helps on the dh. They're probably on the brakes to not ride into the racers on the downs.

The eBike guys are pro level riders. The eBikes are long travel trail bikes and far better equipped to handle the downs than twitchy marathon bikes. As DnD says the extra weight actually helps on the dh. They're probably on the brakes to not ride into the racers on the downs.

plus the weight of the camera equipment

Is there info available that can show the impact of an ebike? Thinking something like the heart rate of the riders vs that of the ebike to show how much more effort is needed without the ebike. Or maybe it’s possible to find a power graph that includes / excludes the ebike assistance?

Is there info available that can show the impact of an ebike? Thinking something like the heart rate of the riders vs that of the ebike to show how much more effort is needed without the ebike. Or maybe it’s possible to find a power graph that includes / excludes the ebike assistance?

will differ with every rider , ebikes have different ways of applying their power and different size motors and batteries 

it would be A very pointless exercise cause the variables are huge 

I can promise you though that they are probably above 70% of MAX HR 

Not sure if it's been posted ...e7393296e44563bcdfbf1aad0f8fdf68.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

The way he was all over that bike today, he looked stukkend...

post-4352-0-39053800-1553019323_thumb.jpg

Edited by Tankman

I am so frustrated, i have no idea what is going on at the epic. We have load shedding from 4am to 6.30. And then again from 8pm to 22.30. Only time I can watch the highlights lights are during the day when I am far from a tv or wifi!

Isn't Stefan Sahm riding the lead e-bike? 3 time Epic winner, creator of the Sahmurai sword bar plug plug that falls out every 5 minutes and general top end bike racer?

Pretty sure that's why he makes it look that easy.....

Edited by Jewbacca

Isn't Stefan Sahm riding the lead e-bike? 3 time Epic winner, creator of the Sahmurai sword bar plug plug that falls out every 5 minutes and general top end bike racer?

Pretty sure that's why he makes it look that easy.....

He last won it 9 years ago.

Ebike argument aside it just struck me as weird/awesome/stange watching a 42 year old man with a backpack on and a long travel bike happily pedalling off a slew of national champs following an attack by the world and euro champ at the head of the Epic. The contrast was about as extreme as it gets.

Pity Kulhavy doesn't deserve that. Seems he has become the new partner destroyer!

Sam destroyed himself all by his lonesome I'm afraid... This is the first time Kulhavy has lost his partner