[Event] Cape Town Cycle Tour 2019

Warren Lew

Or someone taking bikes down. Tow the trailer with a bus! Take me AND my bike down! Pleaaaase. Given that you are charging R1000 per bike and making a profit, imagine if you could sell 10 seats as well at no real additional cost.

Not a bad idea, I assume the biggest concern would be the cost of insurance? Losing a bike would be a much smaller insurance claim than someone losing a limb in a crash.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I see there are still entries available .

So does that mean the lottery system is out?

Or is it still wait and see if I have to start looking for a charity

was it ever a lottery?  :huh:

thought those years are over 

I see there are still entries available .

So does that mean the lottery system is out?

Or is it still wait and see if I have to start looking for a charity

was it ever a lottery?  :huh:

thought those years are over 

Nope was FCFS

No lottery this year, they must have known that the lottery system just frustrates and only becomes really needed if you have demand that seriously exceeds supply. This year they just staggered the approach

Nope was FCFS

No lottery this year, they must have known that the lottery system just frustrates and only becomes really needed if you have demand that seriously exceeds supply. This year they just staggered the approach

Belief it or not 3/4 years ago this was the case every year. I remember crashed servers when entries opened & endless moans here on the hub of people that didn't manage to get an entry

2017 dented it real good. 

As well as the shortened one. The average rider, a local middle class Saffa, is exactly the guy who feels most worried about civil unrest and the introduction of community protests in Hout Bay and Masi must have had a major impact. I think that might be the biggest worry that make people hesitate. More than fire or wind. Burning, looting and demonstrations have become so commonplace that it is easy to imagine (rightly or wrongly) them messing up the big day. :(  :thumbdown:

Call it the Argus

I'm not so sure, the name does not make the event. That said it would be interesting to see the amount of riders doing the Val-de-vie cycle tour VS previous years of Die Burger. 

Call it the Argus

Sadly the link to Iqbal Surve and his now not-even-useful-for-the-puppy-to-***-on "newspaper" has, for me anyway, burned that connection.

Sad.