Forthelove misleading, incorrect dodgy seller on bikehub

throttles

I usually request high res pics of the item. Sold something last week, received payment from Std bank account into my FNB account immediately, so not understanding the std bank issue here?

I sold a few cycling items in a private deal on Sunday. The buyer did an immediate EFT from ABSA to my Standard Bank account.

The funds only reflected in my account this morning, and I will deliver the goods to the buyer this afternoon.

So yes, EFT payments can take a day or two to reflect.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In my case, I didn’t ask once for him to send the goods.

I just told him that when it reflects and his comfortable he should send it.

Yet he was hellbent that I was committing fraud.

But I think maybe it was his own guilty conscience that got to him and began deflecting and directing it to me.

I feel for you and Gary Smith does not have a pair to even respond. Probably not he's real name. You should just write this off as school fees, like they say in Afrikaans, "jy kan nie met 'n klip redineer nie"

One of the emails I sent him with Bikehub Admin cc’d

“I don’t understand why you’re going through all this trouble if you have my cash and I have received nothing from you.

I find it very disheartening that you can’t answer the phone or reply but you could o to the police station to open a case against me.

But I’ll be patient and wait. I have nothing to hide.

I’ve been transparent from the start.”

He’s a chop end of story! Sellers like these should be banned in my opinion.

Hiding behind a slow bank transfer is no excuse.

Imagine you’re at work and you get an sms saying this.

“Saps case number - xxx/04/2019 We used your mobile and Other IP details. SAPS JhB fraud squad. See you in court. Happy holidays we know who you are.”

And he had my address. I know I was innocent.

But all that went through my head is my wife and kids are at home.

WTF IS HAPPENING..

and this chop doesn’t answer his phone or reply after sending that fraud sms.

One of the emails I sent him with Bikehub Admin cc’d

“I don’t understand why you’re going through all this trouble if you have my cash and I have received nothing from you.

I find it very disheartening that you can’t answer the phone or reply but you could o to the police station to open a case against me.

But I’ll be patient and wait. I have nothing to hide.

I’ve been transparent from the start.”

He’s a chop end of story! Sellers like these should be banned in my opinion.

Hiding behind a slow bank transfer is no excuse.

“Saps case number - xxx/04/2019 We used your mobile and Other IP details. SAPS JhB fraud squad. See you in court. Happy holidays we know who you are.”

WTF IS HAPPENING..

Yoh! Bring my wife and kids into anything I've done, wrongly or above board and you WILL regret it.

So when is that Hilux bakkie from the FreeState arriving in Sandton, I'll make a plan to join you okes....

I sold a few cycling items in a private deal on Sunday. The buyer did an immediate EFT from ABSA to my Standard Bank account.

The funds only reflected in my account this morning, and I will deliver the goods to the buyer this afternoon.

So yes, EFT payments can take a day or two to reflect.

A direct eft only works before 2 or 3pm (can't remember which) on weekdays. So if I sell or buy something outside of those hours I ask if the person is with the same bank as me, if not, I do a cash deal - unless the person buyer/seller does not mind waiting.

I don't consider the background when doing a deal

Not even when you buy big ticket items unseen from someone far away and without having any background on the seller?

My own trust in people doesn't quite stretch that far. :blush:

Saps case number - xxx/04/2019 We used your mobile and Other IP details. SAPS JhB fraud squad. See you in court. Happy holidays we know who you are.

Throttles, if you have time on your hands, perhaps you should investigate the legality of that SMS, in terms of falsely declaring a SAPS case number, or implying SAPS involvement. Is this not akin to impersonation of a SAPS official, which is a criminal offence, punishable by jail time in SA? 

Maybe it's time to put some skrik in forthelove / Gary Smith. Maybe next time he will think twice when he plans on impersonating a box for the day.

Like I mentioned earlier, I worked for a company that bought and sold second hand electronic devices, it is now quite well established and doing well. But in it's infancy one of the two owners got up to some interesting shenanigens with scammers (and believe me there are tons and tons of scammers in that second hand space - daily we had people trying to scam us so we got pretty good at spotting fake efts, crap stories, etc...).

Anyway, one of my favourite stories was when a Nigerian guy wanted to buy an iPhone from us, sent a proof of payment (clearly fake). When we said we have to wait for funds to clear the guy started threatening bad online reviews and opening a case of fraud. Long story short, the owner saw this was a scam and agreed to meet him at a Gautrain station to deliver the phone (did not want him in our offices). He took an iPhone box, and on the inside put a spring loaded contraption on top of which he put a nice wet dog crap. Went on to meet the guy at the station, did the handover, after which the guy went into the toilets to open and inspect his new iPhone. At this point the owner of the business hid out of sight. Anyway, the Nigerian scamster came storming out of the toilets a couple of minutes later with his face, arms, and shirt covered in dog crap.

Other shenanigens included sending a brick via courier (receiver pays) - so the guy ends up paying a couple hundred bucks in courier fees for his prized "new phone".

The shenanigens had to stop once the business turned from a couple guys selling second hand phones into a legitimate business. The scamsters of course keep trying - always a fake pop, threats of bad reviews and fraud cases when you don't give them what they want. There are clever ones, but generally speaking you can spot a scam quite quickly if you know what you are looking for.

WTF IS HAPPENING..

This put the problem in a totally different light for me! I was still giving the seller some benefit of the doubt, but no longer! A message like that is 1. A lie 2. A threat

The "HAPPY HOLIDAYS WE KNOW WHO YOU ARE" would have freaked me out as it did the OP. 

I say: Send his goods back with a hand to hand courier. Give him a 3 days to refund the money. If he does not play ball, go to the cops and lay a case of fraud and intimidation. Take him to the small claims court? (Does it still exist? Can you do it in another town?)

Not even when you buy big ticket items unseen from someone far away and without having any background on the seller?

My own trust in people doesn't quite stretch that far. :blush:

I don't buy second hand items unseen except for Cape Town where my son meets and does the deal.He knows whats what.Ex elite and bike mechanic.We owned a bike shop

I don't have a bakkie, but .....      If someone harass and abuse me like the above I will freak and consider harming that person.   This guy (seller) is a lying criminal and I would hunt him down - nou is ek sommer kwaad!   :huh:    Who does he think he is to send threatening messages like that?  He must be banned from earth!

All this over R1200 and some change, while you have the items in your possession, wtf... The seller is a royal chop, just return the money, this will only get ugly for you.

I registered a case of fraud worth over R200K with the fuzz last year, still haven't heard as much as a peep from them, that SAP Case number is obviously a fake. 

Making false statements around a fraud case and then pulling a bullying and mob-enforcer tactic by saying i know who you are and where you live is BS. If fortehlove has any balls he will answer to this comment at least. What goes around comes around.

Enuff now!

I think any 2nd parts (not complete bikes) should be given away for free in the name of community biking good will

Then people cant be ripped off if they got it for zout

POP's can so easily be created from an excel template, ie forged. i only accept the payment when I see the money in my account. 

like wise when buying something I don't put pressure on the seller ship the goods until they can see then money in their account.

and as someone mentioned, most banks delay the first 2 payments by 24 hours, therefore  instant payments will only work on your third transaction.

This puts all the power in the seller's hands.

In this case if the seller had shipped goods, but the buyer was being slow/lazy/refusing to pay, the seller had the right to initiate action. But this is not so here