Rating Low Ball & Rude Hubbers

throttles

109 members have voted

1. 1. Should we rate Low Ball and Rude hubbers even if a sale was not completed?

• Yes
    • No

Valid points for and against.. Some not so Valid but very entertaining..  :thumbup:

But the majority have spoken, looks like the Cardboard boxes can proceed with their shenanigans.  :thumbdown:

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's all relative, I get super annoyed when an advertiser says Bargain etc. for an item that is overpriced in my opinion. If someone sells a previous model bike/item at a current model price he should expect some lowball offers. Should we start rating people that want to rip off other people? 

Outside of formal retail haggling is unfortunately part of the game get used to it or stay out of it. If you ever go to the middle east you're going to get the opposite the seller traditionally high balls the price and expects you to haggle, if you don't the seller is somewhat disappointed. I find it quite painful but it is the way they do business and you get better at it.

Low ball offers is one thing however, you should be able to rate rude comments on an advert, or this should be removable from the comments on the advert without having to post an entirely new advert.
Maybe admin can include this as a feature??

If you take a low ball offer as offensive and want to give that person a negative rating, the too should those who post 5 plus year old suspension forks for the same price fork that is a month or two old and then think this is a reasonable asking price.

Open market that is open to offers and counter offers.

What about sellers advertising goods at almost the same price as retail with comments like hardly used, slightly scratched etc and when you look at the pics, it looks like the parts have been dragged around behind a car. Yet the seller thinks its fine cause mechanically it works but asthetically it just doesnt.

Edited by Eddy Gordo

What ablut sellers advertising goods at almost the same price as retail with comments like hardly used, slightly scratched etc and when you look at the pics, it looks like the parts have been dragged around behind a car. Yet the seller thinks its fine cause mechanically it works but asthetically it just doesnt.

What happens is you find them in the classifieds 2 months later still for sale or with *Price Drop* getting reposted. TBH if you buy those ones and you've seen the banged up junk that they are pedalling then it's your fault. 

Since we're having a moan about the classifieds I have 3 major gripes.

1. I can't when people sell used clothing items on here. Like WTAF? And yes those shoes are nice but..... Once you take them out of the box and force your hoof into them they are 2nd hand in my opinion.
  2. I can't when people attempt to sell stuff at ludicrous prices. Adding a different color bar tape to your bike doesn't make it custom and does not raise the value.
  3. People selling old junk for crazy prices calling them collectors items. There are a FEW exceptions but most old rubbish is just that.
Edited by Duane_Bosch

Been selling a lot of stuff on market place...

And you've got no feedback on your profile yet people want to throw down feedback for people making offers (how ever low, it's an offer to buy) who don't buy. Might be a good idea to focus on getting the feedback system better before getting upset about people trying to buy your stuff and wasting a minute or so of your time. 

maybe a rating is not appropriate but perhaps flagging them as time wasting shopping trolls will help others beware.

Tell them this isnt oriental plaza, voetsek with your bargaining tactics learnt there or by watching endless repeats of Pawn Stars on discovery channel.

Since we're having a moan about the classifieds I have 3 major gripes.

Is the general moan on? Okay I've got 2. 

1) Ads with 'Bargain' in the title. Honesty the number fo times I've tried to buy 2 of what ever they are selling just because of it is insane. Just the best way to shift an over priced and not moving bit of kit that people won't buy. Evil and mystical way of selling. 

2) 'Groupset'. A cassette, shifter and a rear mech' is NOT a groupset. Throw a chain in and it's still not there. Put it on a new build and then try to go for a ride. You'll soon see what the missing bits that actually make up a groupset are. Hint: they'll be all the bits missing.