Cape Town Cycle Tour 2021

Chingy182

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My guess is that there will be a large number of CTCT regulars who will unofficially ride the course this year. I'd like to do that and I'm hoping that there will be lots of other riders out there to share the pulling. Anyone aware of any loosely coordinated efforts? Date? Time? Routes (assuming that the M3 is out)?   

HelloRyanFowler!

I'm doing it virtually, so when I cramp up I can just roll into bed :)

You forgot the portaloo at the start chute, where the first user had severe explosive diarrhea, and everyone after that looks embarrassed while making sure everyone hears "it wasn't me".

Funny but genuine story.

At the start chute at last years Cycle Tour a mate who was seeded in the very early buynches went into the Portaloo to do his business and his phone fell out of his pocket and into the Portaloo, He then had to try and recover said phone and missed his start bunch and a few after that. He will never hear the end of it either that's for sure.

Funny but genuine story.

At the start chute at last years Cycle Tour a mate who was seeded in the very early buynches went into the Portaloo to do his business and his phone fell out of his pocket and into the Portaloo, He then had to try and recover said phone and missed his start bunch and a few after that. He will never hear the end of it either that's for sure.

oh no  :lol:  :lol:

12. Why only misty cliffs? Top of smits?

I prefer to spread the carnage out a little, have the strung out Peloton at tops of Smits, drop the bottle or two, then in Misty Cliffs the sitting on the wheel normally causes another pile up. Spread out the love.

You want to hear/taste/feel panic at the start line?

Someone realises that their tyre is flat or spontaneously deflates in the start chute

No, no, no, the best is that its only a little soft, no puncture, just forgot to pump it up with track pump.

Then decides he is going to bomb it, simple, plenty of time.  Starts to bomb it but the group moves forward, so he tries to keep up with the bomb adapter still attached, the wheel catches the ground and the bomb inserts itself into the frame and snaps the valve off. NOW THERE IS A PANIC. Everyone gets to watch a guy change a tube in 3 minutes!

Mr Savage ....

I bought spare batteries for the new era bicycle ....

Will you guys please have a nature break while I swop out batteries ....

I have no sympathy for eBikers anymore after our one on the morning ride has dropped me 1000 mornings in a row. Breakaway and change the battery at Oceanview. :P

How did we forget the oke in 6J with his Totalsport helmUt on backwards though with his loose hanging cycling top which gets caught under his saddle everytime he gets up??

What about his mate in the same set up but has his uncles $ seeding!!!!

Are we getting virtual goody bags?  :ph34r:

Stand at your PC and browse whatever online shop you like and pretend you are walking around the expo.

Perhaps get your wife and kids to bump you and stand on your toes from time to time to make the the experience more realistic.

You will end up sore, stiff, tired, irritable and empty handed - just like the expo.

The goodie bag has an old magazine, an unusable water bottle, deodorant sample, small muesli bar and a stale Future Life sample and 62 flyers, vouchers and pamphlets. Ending up empty handed will surely be better than all of this loot ?

Stand at your PC and browse whatever online shop you like and pretend you are walking around the expo.

Perhaps get your wife and kids to bump you and stand on your toes from time to time to make the the experience more realistic.

You will end up sore, stiff, tired, irritable and empty handed - just like the expo.

The goodie bag has an old magazine, an unusable water bottle, deodorant sample, small muesli bar and a stale Future Life sample and 62 flyers, vouchers and pamphlets. Ending up empty handed will surely be better than all of this loot ?

Well now I really want a virtual goodie bag. 

Normally buy, Versus socks, GP4000, track pump, Cadence gels and some chamois cream.

Well now I really want a virtual goodie bag. 

Normally buy, Versus socks, GP4000, track pump, Cadence gels and some chamois cream.

Get my year supply at the bikealot stand

Pity as they do crazy good deals at expo

Thanks to you lot that took us down a virtual tour of the expo from memory.

Used to get my BP, HR, weight, glucose, cholestrol, etc. measured each year at the expo until they stopped that for whatever reason. 

Last year's expo we watched a guy on an exercise bike linked to a juicer, spinning away to make orange juice.

- Have a few guys attack up Chappies thinking they're at the top but the'yre actually at the wrong corner.  

- Have a few guys sprinting just after the robots at the putt putt because that's where the 1st overhang is and be completely pissed off because the finish is still 500m ahead and now he has gone from 543rd to 657th.

Damn, gonna miss the confusion when newbies get to the "Top" to only find the road Sho't Rights itself for quite a bit more hahaha

How did we forget the oke in 6J with his Totalsport helmUt on backwards though with his loose hanging cycling top which gets caught under his saddle everytime he gets up??

speaking of which, i can totally confirm that this GEM is still available at the shop at this price

https://www.gumtree.co.za/a-mountain-bikes/fish-hoek/top-sport-omni-mountain-bike-helmet-used/1004776500250910002911509

buy yourself some history!