Coronavirus lockdown and exercising outdoors

Nothing wrong if you wish to report a suspected crime. (Although I suspect the cops are a little busy currently).

But threatening to visit his house, presumably to dish out some justice would be illegal...ironically twice.

(I'm not accusing you of the above act/s, just responding in context to the original strava comments).

no disagreement from me on that. At all. 

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So I guess this could be a thread on its own, but I don't know if its worth starting another, but what are your recommendations of cycling related events, specials, documentaries, etc to watch on YouTube etc while we're couching up?

I saw something about a new Netflix doc on Movistar?

So I guess this could be a thread on its own, but I don't know if its worth starting another, but what are your recommendations of cycling related events, specials, documentaries, etc to watch on YouTube etc while we're couching up?

RedBullTV have a 24h channel pumping out some of their stuff. Yesterday was 24h of MTB racing vids (like following Curtis Keene etc) and today I'm not sure what they have on, but it'll be good.

Otherwise, GCN, GMBN, VITAL, Pinkbike has just listed some feature length movies, there's no shortage at all. 

Spare bike cleaned up and serviced and pedals transferred.

Speed and cadence sensors installed.

Dumb trainer dusted off.

did a few laps around the house first to test the bike, dog thought I was off my rocker.

Registered and downloaded Rouvy, will give it a bash tomorrow morning. 

I think it's time to shut this thread down.... The comments keep going back and forward and nothing is going to change.

I personally think that everybody should do what they think is right for them and just accept the consequences if anything happens. Very simple you are never going to enforce or instill a law if you don't have the buy-in from the community.

Like many have said in earlier posts, most sporting events are either postponed or cancelled so see this as the perfect opportunity to take a break and recharge. This lockdown will not last forever.

I am not going to read page after page of this to and fro ....

BUT, I do believe Patch has one very valid point ....

Let this be the safe zone for those that need a space to vent.

PERSONALLY - I worked from my home office, and had my wife not pointed out the time I would have a verly late lunch. Having something to do HELPS !!

Best wishes to each and every one of you. May you and your family survive "this", not just the virus but also fall out around it.

Finally watched Icarus (on Netflix) last night, I'd definitely recommend it.

What? Taking EPO?

Naah, didn't you get the message, taking EPO (and HGH) still sees you out of the medals [emoji6]

(edit) ..unless you're Russian that is..

Edited by NC_lurker

So, people are losing their minds about the silly Joburg to Cape Town cyclist, or Reggie on Strava and now these specimens have earned themselves some airtime:

https://www.news24.com/Video/SouthAfrica/News/watch-run-in-with-the-law-traffic-cops-confront-cape-town-joggers-20200327

Not too many people seem bothered by the shebeens etc that were closed (with arrests) in the early hours of this morning and it seems that a lot of us are oblivious to whats happening in the townships. 

There is a video doing the rounds on WhatsApp showing how busy the streets and malls are in Kayalitsha (too big to upload here), but it's business as usual...

https://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/News/national-lockdown-alexandra-ignores-call-to-stay-in-20200327

Posting this here as a follow on to the topics mentioned above.
I am not condoning outdoor exercise, but it seems to me that outrage is being poured in the wrong places (or is the internet and social media just make easy targets of certain people?) (or am I being a snowflake ?)

So, people are losing their minds about the silly Joburg to Cape Town cyclist, or Reggie on Strava and now these specimens have earned themselves some airtime:

https://www.news24.com/Video/SouthAfrica/News/watch-run-in-with-the-law-traffic-cops-confront-cape-town-joggers-20200327

Not too many people seem bothered by the shebeens etc that were closed (with arrests) in the early hours of this morning and it seems that a lot of us are oblivious to whats happening in the townships.

There is a video doing the rounds on WhatsApp showing how busy the streets and malls are in Kayalitsha (too big to upload here), but it's business as usual...

https://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/News/national-lockdown-alexandra-ignores-call-to-stay-in-20200327

Posting this here as a follow on to the topics mentioned above.

I am not condoning outdoor exercise, but it seems to me that outrage is being poured in the wrong places (or is the internet and social media just make easy targets of certain people?) (or am I being a snowflake ?)

Just remember thought that in a lot of those cases they may have only been paid yesterday or today and were still working yesterday and didn’t have the luxury of a private vehicle to take them about as they please.

Plus, pick your fights, we don’t want a few idiots tainting the already tarnished reputation of our sport even more during this time