Coronavirus lockdown and exercising outdoors

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Have no fear, he will be telling all his friends about it...

Almost definitely dropped a heap of geys on 'real' bikes fully clad in lycra.......... AND HE DOESN'T EVEN HAVE A GARMIN!

We went for a jog this morning. 

Sleeves. MTB gloves. Ciovita bin liner. And it rained on us. It was amazing. I think I'm all IDT'd out. I can't bring myself to even plug my bike onto the thing.

Edited by Duane_Bosch

so who has identified a mask or mask supplier that supplies something you can actually ride with - about 10 minutes in i feel like i am about to die of hyper ventilation but realistically  we need to have masks on in most rides.

Buffs are okay but what else is there?

What else do you need? 

so who has identified a mask or mask supplier that supplies something you can actually ride with - about 10 minutes in i feel like i am about to die of hyper ventilation but realistically  we need to have masks on in most rides.

These are a good option.

https://weardirect.co.za/product-category/face-masks/

But remember, any mask is a flow restriction device, so you need to make peace with that fact.

Gonna try the anatomic ones probably on friday or in the weekend, they're on their way. Meanwhile I'm using the buff rather than the ciovita for sports as I'm currently mostly focusing on high intensity, I would die in the ciovita one. But for a normal ride anythings fine to me...

Now that we can cycle anytime was there any mention of the 5km radius?

Slow down there buddy. It's not the 1st of June yet, and neither has Mrs Zuma had her say which might bring a halt to your plans as well.

But, if she agrees with the Pres, then no time and no distance limitations will apply from 1 June.

Edited by TNT1

not now, only from the 1st of june, and the 5km should also be lifted according to mosts people's understanding.

Seems the only restriction after 1 June is "no groups" - which will  be ignored by the majority of cyclists anyway.

And given that churches open up also on 1 June I see no reason why cyclists should feel guilty about breaking that rule - maybe they can go and confess on Sundays..

I saw these - they looked like something i liked but have no reviews - i need a big size for my big pip.

https://covid19solutions.co.za/

The one with strap looks good. Those things that go over the ears would irritate the heck out of me after half an hour.

Edited by TNT1