PPA urges government to allow cycling under strict lock down conditions

News bot

I suspect level 4 you will be able to walk the dog or go for a walk and nothing strenuous that could affect the immune system. The document issued yesterday clearly states jogging and cycling only at level 3

So the high intensity interval training (Indoor) that I do every day is a no-no?

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So the high intensity interval training (Indoor) that I do every day is a no-no?

You are safe, as long as your family members are not carrying any bugs...

Correct

Jogging and cycling only at level 3

Edit: Font

free.exercise.tips.exercise.effort.scale

Edited by splat

Base training is highly recommended if you want to keep your conditioning ticking over

And it’s an opportunity for strength and mobility training

As highlighted by others, you are doing it your own home, same as me, where it is just you and your family, you are not out in the public domain stressing your body and immune system where you have a higher potential of catching it off someone. As Dale says, sweet spot workouts can be beneficial.

As highlighted by others, you are doing it your own home, same as me, where it is just you and your family, you are not out in the public domain stressing your body and immune system where you have a higher potential of catching it off someone. As Dale says, sweet spot workouts can be beneficial.

I always somehow include life stress into my ‘total stress factor’ alongside training stress. When work pressure is hectic, I adjust my training load accordingly.

The lockdown is generally stressful, depending on one’s life situation and individual disposition.

Staying healthy and at full strength is a high priority for me. 2020 is one demanding year and I need ongoing stamina.

Edited by 'Dale

How much longer are we going to allow these Buffoons to tear away our freedoms.  Dont give me this flattening the curve bolloks.  We have given over our hard faught freedoms to people who couldnt manage a tuck shop at a school sports day.   Seriously there comes a time when enough is enough.  We now live in a police state at the mercy of ill trained and incompetent power hungry Cops and soldiers.  To deploy the army against your own population is actually treason.  We are allowing this Govt  to have complete control over where we can move, what we must wear, what we can eat etc.

This virus is out  there and cannot be stopped.  Its like trying to stop the wind.  Whats the point of shutting an economy down when 90% of the population cannot through no fault of there own keep isolated or distanced at all.  So in reality there has been no lockdown and this virus has still not killed any people.

When are people going to actually realise that we elect the Govt and they work for us and for our best interest, and this excuse to completely steamroll our rights is illegal and unconstitutional.  

is there a "love" button for this post?

I 100% agree with everything you said. 

In addition, the data out of Italy shows nearly all the deaths from Covid19 where from the elderly who were fragile anyway (and Covid19 was their ending) and many who had underlying health issues some more than one. The younger people dying from Covid19 had underlying health issues too. The media is not reporting this properly and has caused a panic and vastly increased death projections that have not come to pass. This is why Sweden went with a softer lock down, but still some lock down and was criticised for it but now their thinking is vindicated.

You cannot stop a virus, people will get ill and most will recover and some will die. Carriers will pass it on and not get ill. Those at high risk like the elderly and those of any age with health conditions should isolate. To stop a whole economy is not making sense as the economic destruction and mental health issues coming from this will be worse than the inevitable deaths. 

Added to this, our government has become draconian with states of disaster and curfews and who knows what is next. There is no clear plan so that citizens will know when to engage in work and e-commerce and travel etc. Our taxes pay this government and we are being treated like naughty children- from L5 to L4 and if we don't behave back to L5- and many cheer this madness on. Going into winter infections will increase, and they will increase as testing should improve- to go back to L5 is ridiculous and shows either panic thinking or ill informed thinking or a draconian government.

In the USA it has come out that the media and many hospitals are playing the blame the Trump game- and reporting deaths which are usually attributed to flu or other factors, now to Covid19. The USA death figure is thus grossly overstated, and most of those dying have underlying health issues again. Politics rears its ugly head. 

Common sense is needed here as well not being stubborn regarding the latest research. Such research states that sunlight makes it hard for this virus to take hold- another reason why this government should allow citizens to jog or cycle alone with a mask or bandana near home. One spreads the virus more (should you have it which you likely don't) in the Spar when you queue to buy eggs and milk along with many other people. We need a healthy population mentally and physically and a healthy economy not so?

How much longer are we going to allow these Buffoons to tear away our freedoms.  Dont give me this flattening the curve bolloks.  We have given over our hard faught freedoms to people who couldnt manage a tuck shop at a school sports day.   Seriously there comes a time when enough is enough.  We now live in a police state at the mercy of ill trained and incompetent power hungry Cops and soldiers.  To deploy the army against your own population is actually treason.  We are allowing this Govt  to have complete control over where we can move, what we must wear, what we can eat etc.

This virus is out  there and cannot be stopped.  Its like trying to stop the wind.  Whats the point of shutting an economy down when 90% of the population cannot through no fault of there own keep isolated or distanced at all.  So in reality there has been no lockdown and this virus has still not killed any people.

When are people going to actually realise that we elect the Govt and they work for us and for our best interest, and this excuse to completely steamroll our rights is illegal and unconstitutional.  

Our trails are mostly on private farms .... locked

Going to be interesting to see when that gets opened

Same boat as you though ... 20km does not get me to the trail and back...

When we are allowed out I will be riding around our neighbourhood ... BUT, between working hours and the curfew it might get busy out there .... will see what it is actually like, and then make a call...

Hi there Chris

Patrick and the committee have been discussing this as it isn't straightforward. We need land owners' permission first and we will only find out the status of cycling in general on Friday. The trails will also  need to be recced to check for damage - hospital visits are best avoided. We will however be communicating to members as soon as we have information.

I 100% agree with everything you said. 

In addition, the data out of Italy shows nearly all the deaths from Covid19 where from the elderly who were fragile anyway (and Covid19 was their ending) and many who had underlying health issues some more than one. The younger people dying from Covid19 had underlying health issues too. The media is not reporting this properly and has caused a panic and vastly increased death projections that have not come to pass. This is why Sweden went with a softer lock down, but still some lock down and was criticised for it but now their thinking is vindicated.

You cannot stop a virus, people will get ill and most will recover and some will die. Carriers will pass it on and not get ill. Those at high risk like the elderly and those of any age with health conditions should isolate. To stop a whole economy is not making sense as the economic destruction and mental health issues coming from this will be worse than the inevitable deaths. 

Added to this, our government has become draconian with states of disaster and curfews and who knows what is next. There is no clear plan so that citizens will know when to engage in work and e-commerce and travel etc. Our taxes pay this government and we are being treated like naughty children- from L5 to L4 and if we don't behave back to L5- and many cheer this madness on. Going into winter infections will increase, and they will increase as testing should improve- to go back to L5 is ridiculous and shows either panic thinking or ill informed thinking or a draconian government.

In the USA it has come out that the media and many hospitals are playing the blame the Trump game- and reporting deaths which are usually attributed to flu or other factors, now to Covid19. The USA death figure is thus grossly overstated, and most of those dying have underlying health issues again. Politics rears its ugly head. 

Common sense is needed here as well not being stubborn regarding the latest research. Such research states that sunlight makes it hard for this virus to take hold- another reason why this government should allow citizens to jog or cycle alone with a mask or bandana near home. One spreads the virus more (should you have it which you likely don't) in the Spar when you queue to buy eggs and milk along with many other people. We need a healthy population mentally and physically and a healthy economy not so?

I like how you can decide who should die, and when. 

The screenshot below is my heart rate on  a typical sweet spot HIIT  spinning session for me.

Being 72.8 years old  I an aware that i may be at added risk.

However I am a low carb eater and with OMAD I believe that my immune system is being boosted every day.

The HIIT adds to that boost

See this for more pointers on resisting the infection

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lJPjsuftmQ

post-63-0-00426000-1587968842_thumb.png

In watter tyd leef die outeur, 2 fietsryers en die moontlikheid van kaping? Skrik wakker

Duidelik leef ek ook in 'n ander tyd as jy, my ritte is so eenmaal elke twee weke saam met enigiemand behalwe myself...

I like how you can decide who should die, and when. 

Yep, old people and people with underlying conditions should really know their place, when they die it's cheating and doesn't count.

I also love how people are all 'let's engage with the government'.. like the critical decision makers have time to sit down and listen to a bunch of 5%er Kruger-Dunnings tell them how important their daily cycle is....

Would you guys like one chance, just one chance, to tell the government, the virus can take our lives, but it should never take OUR FREEDOM!!!!!!