Naughty, naughty.

Tim Brink

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

People are getting desperate and taking stupid chances. Not only are they not getting the money they now most likely have a case opened against them and will have a criminal record and might get locked up‍♂

I worked with a guy who reported his Volvo stolen when the engine blew. He had actually arranged for it to be sold and scrapped.

Insurance uncovered the plot and he was arrested at the office.

He got 5 years in lockdown, I mean prison

I worked with a guy who reported his Volvo stolen when the engine blew. He had actually arranged for it to be sold and scrapped.

Insurance uncovered the plot and he was arrested at the office.

He got 5 years in lockdown, I mean prison

wow I had no idea it could go this far !!

Oops.

Probably a Hubber that's working at the insurance company. He sure knows how to track done a scammer.

Edited by Super Sywurm

Start the “Coffin Dance” song.

[emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

Insurance fraudsters steal from you and me, just like corrupt people steal from us when they make off with our tax money. I hope the insurance company gives him a good bit of trouble over it. I think they have been far too hesitant, for far too long, to pursue these fraudsters with criminal charges and make examples out of them.

At the same time, it is pretty annoying when you are the victim of a crime and the only piece of investigation that gets done is of you and the legitimacy of your claim. Had my car stolen from the cricket club while I was on the field. Insurance phoned the club chairman who knew nothing about it. I got a suspicious assessor snooping around my mates asking questions for a few days.

At the same time, it is pretty annoying when you are the victim of a crime and the only piece of investigation that gets done is of you and the legitimacy of your claim. Had my car stolen from the cricket club while I was on the field. Insurance phoned the club chairman who knew nothing about it. I got a suspicious assessor snooping around my mates asking questions for a few days.

Yup, they wont investigate the actual theft, just your recounting of it.

Didn't perhaps happen during he Hansie Cronje thing?  ;)

Sorry Mamil, couldn't resist  :blush:

Agreed, however, it is because of people similar to the ones in the OP's post that the insurance companies are hesitant to pay out. 

As usual, it is the few people messing it up for the rest of us when we have a legitimate claim... I would love to know the estimated amounts that insurance companies lose due to fraudulent claims - I'm sure it must be millions.

Good for the insurance company, throw the book at the oke.

It still boggles my mind that it is viable to steal something that has a GPS on it and is internet connected.

Good,  as mentioned above, each fraudster just drives up the premiums for us all.   Send the bastard to jail.

That said, too many chancer claims have pushed up bicycle insurance I notice.  I'd love just a basic theft (either from house or out being mugged for example).  I am happy to take the risk for broken bikes etc...  cant seem to find a separate policy like this.