Tour de France 2021

gummibear

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Danger Dassie said:

I remember the interview, there was a broader context and not quite irony. Especially going by the responses at the time.
It was in Ride Mag when Hunter won an award as SA Cyclist of the year after winning a stage of the Tour de France. There was controversy because Greg Minnaar had been overlooked for the award and he'd won DH World Champs the same year. Many felt he should have received the recognition. 
The editor of Ride at the time was one of those who broached the topic, so the interview between him and Hunter was pretty tense. In one part Hunter takes him on and essentially challenges Minnaar to a bike off. 

Those were the days

1 hour ago, Danger Dassie said:

When wheels were 26' and sox were 0.26' 

And most of the pro peleton were doped to the nines and blood bags were as common as discarded bidons.......

I’m going to dig up old posts and shame those who doubted Cav

Hoping he would come good was unrealistic but boy have I enjoyed watching him win and especially how much credit he has given his team, deservedly so

To see the world champ play super domestique and commit to the cause has been fantastic 

4 minutes ago, Wayne pudding Mol said:

Hoping he would come good was unrealistic but boy have I enjoyed watching him win and especially how much credit he has given his team, deservedly so

To see the world champ play super domestique and commit to the cause has been fantastic 

Jalla looked like h was having the best time today. Bossing the peleton, guiding Vengegaard onto wheels and into position. DQS were flawless in their execution over the last 30 odd km.

I really hope Cav survives tomorrow. It's a brutal stage and he must be starting to feel it. If he is in the race on Thursday he definitely has a crack at 34 and paris

23 minutes ago, Wayne pudding Mol said:

He's definitely doing flippen well, and is on the best form he's been in for years, but I feel like we've been robbed of seeing him stack up against the likes of Ewan and S Bennet, even Merlier. I think Ewan might have been quicker than him if he didn't crash, and even Merlier was looking quicker than him until he decided to ride as a lead out man for Phillipson. 

3 hours ago, DIPSLICK said:

Firstly I’m a Sagan fan

if I never watched/knew cycling and I watched this TDF

MY QUESTION would be simple,

who is this Sagan person they speak of and we never see????????

sorry dale // Gen but yohhh????????

Gotta wonder if his crash with Ewan is effecting him, or if he's just a bit off the pace. He did hit the deck pretty hard at 70+ km/h, so it would be surprising if he's not at 100%

2 hours ago, TheoG said:

Well ....  I need Jan Ulrich to make a come back to give me any hope as far as age is concerned .... ????????

And weight for me.... ???? 

1 hour ago, Jewbacca said:

And most of the pro peleton were doped to the nines and blood bags were as common as discarded bidons.......

Its been a pretty amazing tour so far.....????

1 hour ago, Wayne pudding Mol said:

Never been a huge Cav fan have i.... but I'll quite happily eat my words this year.

I hope he stays in it until the final sprint on the Champs Elysees 

4 hours ago, DIPSLICK said:

Firstly I’m a Sagan fan

if I never watched/knew cycling and I watched this TDF

MY QUESTION would be simple,

who is this Sagan person they speak of and we never see????????

sorry dale // Gen but yohhh????????

I have been trying to find a way to put this as politely as you have. Chap is totally nowhere. 

1 minute ago, 'Dale said:

Remember to WFH tomorrow ????

79501D16-28EE-41D7-A938-9D12D972C050.jpeg

I'm here. Best part for me: 

image.png.2b8547a46f7f0d0cab4858f719105c33.pngBetter not sleep on that descent ????

1 hour ago, Jewbacca said:

Jalla looked like h was having the best time today. Bossing the peleton, guiding Vengegaard onto wheels and into position. DQS were flawless in their execution over the last 30 odd km.

I really hope Cav survives tomorrow. It's a brutal stage and he must be starting to feel it. If he is in the race on Thursday he definitely has a crack at 34 and paris

According to "The Secret Pro" Cav will be lapped tomorrow :)

He better be wrong.