How much gear do you own? Please share…

OVERDRIVE

3 hours ago, King Pluto said:

Still sounds like you living the happy life if you ask me

Around a year without regular/proper income after two lines of business sunk, happiness is relatively relative ... ????

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Frosty said:

Helmets, shoes, spares, sunglasses, pump and tools are in a a few crates.

bikes on racks on the garage walls, except the one on the trainer in one of two possible rooms.83A1B771-D863-45CE-8FF3-4EDA722D4C9A.jpeg.116b78d6ae9254812ee70d7883b07258.jpeg

You wear jocks when you cycle?

1 minute ago, Frosty said:

Yes, most rookies do.

image.jpeg.8f67c3e6add9173ffdcb793c2ef5f8e9.jpeg

hahaha 

I still don't know if you're joking or not about the jocks. I know you do way more miles than me on the bike, I just honestly didn't think anyone wore jocks under their bibshorts.

It brings a whole new dynamic to 2nd hand bibs

1 minute ago, Jewbacca said:

hahaha 

I still don't know if you're joking or not about the jocks. I know you do way more miles than me on the bike, I just honestly didn't think anyone wore jocks under their bibshorts.

It brings a whole new dynamic to 2nd hand bibs

All jokes about the jocks on a ride. ????????

I don’t have enough jocks (10 pairs) and socks (33 cycling specific and 10 work pairs) to warrant a drawer each, so they sadly have to share one.

the shorts and shirts drawers are cycling specific. Scary that I have more cycle shirts and shorts than normal t-shirts and shorts, and I’ve donated a lot too to our local charity group.

Just now, Frosty said:

All jokes about the jocks on a ride. ????????

I don’t have enough jocks (10 pairs) and socks (33 cycling specific and 10 work pairs) to warrant a drawer each, so they sadly have to share one.

the shorts and shirts drawers are cycling specific. Scary that I have more cycle shirts and shorts than normal t-shirts and shorts, and I’ve donated a lot too to our local charity group.

hahahahaha I appreciate!

I have running specific socks, cycling specific socks, merino socks, work socks an 'other' socks. I care not for the looks, but the different functionality. 

99% of my 'waist up' (tops, T's, jerseys etc) clothing, both cycling and casual, are freebies, race tops or race apparel. I have officially become the person I swore I would never be by wearing branded freebie T-shirts, hoodies and, oh dear, fleece! (On the very odd occasion).

My wife thinks it is hilarious. From fashion to fleece..... 

18 hours ago, Help.Me. said:

Very neat setup!! (What is in the drawer? LOL)

No idea, found this cool pic on the net! Think that's where I'd put the energy bars though ????

16 hours ago, Mamil said:

Please can you come and organise mine for me. 

If I was half this neat id make it a business! You'd be my first client, hehehe

16 hours ago, DIPSLICK said:

thats pretty,,,,,,anal But it does look sweet

as far as how much gear I own,,, according to fact or what my wif3e knows about 

I always declare 10% of what I have. Safer for both parties????

16 hours ago, DieselnDust said:

I’m looking for a storage unit just like that one. Pray tell, citizen wherest they hath acquired such splendour 

Sir, would I only knew, thou be sure that thou had been the first I say to!

14 hours ago, NickGM said:

I feel like this didn't happen by accident:

image.png.740fc49986d5f0aabd791cf8e076659f.png

Def an advert LOL

14 hours ago, 117 said:

Where do the medals get hung? 

When chaps are to busy posing do they even have the time to win anything, LOL 

13 hours ago, Shebeen said:

i was going to say that is a pretty but not really practical way of storing your kit.

but it's not real (or yours)!

https://web.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=161003532309558&id=114442606965651

i have loads of kit. i do adventure racing, so i have it all, but not much of it is the fancy stuff. 

but it's not real (or yours)! Correct, both counts, google search ????

12 hours ago, Fisan said:

Guys relax, OP never claimed it to be theirs.

But whoever the influencer (kots) is that originally posted that image, he/she is obviously not a proud BikeHubber

I'm a hubber! I'm a hubber! ????

My wife and I have been cycling since 1998. In that time we have owned about 40 bikes. Currently we have 6 bikes . As we split our time between Johannesburg and Somerset West we have bikes in both cities. Our kids are adults so our bikes have their own dedicated rooms in both places. 
we are quite ruthless in clearing out gear/ clothing that we don’t use and donating them

even so with two cyclists in the family we manage to fill the cupboards in the bike rooms

when we start bike touring the collection of gear will grow

17 hours ago, TNT1 said:

And why the hell isn't the bicycle in the garage? Fools the lot of you.

I suspect that is the garage.

Anybody who has time/opportunity to arrange their kit like that would do wonders in a garage too. ????‍♂️