How much gear do you own? Please share…

OVERDRIVE

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, OVERDRIVE said:

I know one can never have too much, but how much gear do people have on average? 

Jerseys, Bib Shorts, shoes, helmets, gloves? 

Do you still wear it all? 

76DE3A9B-8BD8-4C05-BFD5-656609F74DC1.jpeg

Very neat setup!! (What is in the drawer? LOL)

5 hours ago, OVERDRIVE said:

I know one can never have too much, but how much gear do people have on average? 

Please can you come and organise mine for me. 

6 hours ago, OVERDRIVE said:

I’m looking for a storage unit just like that one. Pray tell, citizen wherest they hath acquired such splendour 

2 hours ago, Help.Me. said:

Very neat setup!! (What is in the drawer? LOL)

Only thing missing are the model heads to store the helmets and sunglasses . Then I’ll be impressed???? 

Despite being frugal with kit I have accumulated more summer kit than there are summer days. When my DC team went through a rebrand I donated the oldest but still in great condition tops to a bike shop in westlake for further distribution. I have some club tops from abroad when I was part of those communities. Sentimental keepsakes I seldom wear. 
then there’s the stage race tops…..

????

Helmets.... I buy when ever there is a sale or special deal. Yes its a problem but when you pick up a Bell Zephyr for R1500-00 brand new do you walk away? or an Aether for R3500-00, or a Limar Ultralight for R800....you get the picture

Edited by DieselnDust

9 hours ago, OVERDRIVE said:

i was going to say that is a pretty but not really practical way of storing your kit.

but it's not real (or yours)!

https://web.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=161003532309558&id=114442606965651

i have loads of kit. i do adventure racing, so i have it all, but not much of it is the fancy stuff. 

(un)fortunately much of my work revolves around bikes/outdoors and photography. So there tends to be more than most, this is a blessing and a curse. Athleisure is a thing. 
My stuff is organised and there are various 'go bags'  ... but the arrangement environment is far from Instagram worthy, very much a "kiss" setup.