Request from Gym at Grosvenor Crossing, Byranston to those who take off from there (Peaceful and with Cycling Love)

OVERDRIVE

13 minutes ago, rorydewet said:

This is GP.

by 2 bottles you mean a bottle of klippies and a bottle of coke ne bru

Daai is Fish Hoek/ Muizenberg my bru.    

Or the East Rand

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, _David_ said:

Please this is Fourways / Bryanston, Craft Beer and Single Malt.

Please man, you okes think Copperlake and Red Label qualify. Go forth to Braam and the Parks, there ye shall find majestically moustached and inked hipsters quaffing their artisanal liquor bevvies like drunken flamingoes. 

8 minutes ago, rorydewet said:

This is GP.

by 2 bottles you mean a bottle of klippies and a bottle of coke ne bru

I stopped drinking branna's and coke in 1996 after the last incident of me getting in a bit of an altercation at Camelot in Mosselbaai after I chaffed some lady's who were attached to some Namibian rugby players. The blokes were not too keen on me getting the attention from the ladies I was getting,  and decided to get a bit "friendly". After they got evicted by the bouncers my mates also decided to call it a night. Poor timing on their behalf as we left right about the same time they got kicked out.

The short version. 

A car chase ensued with me riding shotgun in the front of Philip's Ford Capri V6. We were being pursued by the Namibian gang in their 80's Honda Ballade down Bland Street towards the Point. It started raining. I calmly pointed out to Philip we weren't going to make the corner. We didn't. We barely missed slamming head on into a light pole at well over 100 km/h. I ended up sprinting up the street with a Namibian front row player throwing a wheel spanner at me. Sparks as the spanner hit the road. Me ducking and diving and getting away. Finding my mates. No injuries thankfully. Getting told by the occifer to "shurrup since drunk students aren't allowed to make statements". Getting dropped off at rez in the back of SAPS van. Being the talk of the town the following morning despite all participants in the adventure living in the same dorm.

Oh, to be a student again.

10 minutes ago, Robbie Stewart said:

I stopped drinking branna's and coke in 1996 after the last incident of me getting in a bit of an altercation at Camelot in Mosselbaai after I chaffed some lady's who were attached to some Namibian rugby players. The blokes were not too keen on me getting the attention from the ladies I was getting,  and decided to get a bit "friendly". After they got evicted by the bouncers my mates also decided to call it a night. Poor timing on their behalf as we left right about the same time they got kicked out.

The short version. 

A car chase ensued with me riding shotgun in the front of Philip's Ford Capri V6. We were being pursued by the Namibian gang in their 80's Honda Ballade down Bland Street towards the Point. It started raining. I calmly pointed out to Philip we weren't going to make the corner. We didn't. We barely missed slamming head on into a light pole at well over 100 km/h. I ended up sprinting up the street with a Namibian front row player throwing a wheel spanner at me. Sparks as the spanner hit the road. Me ducking and diving and getting away. Finding my mates. No injuries thankfully. Getting told by the occifer to "shurrup since drunk students aren't allowed to make statements". Getting dropped off at rez in the back of SAPS van. Being the talk of the town the following morning despite all participants in the adventure living in the same dorm.

Only in Matieland ... ????

31 minutes ago, Robbie Stewart said:

The short version. 

Blerrie miracle we survived those days ...

23 minutes ago, ChrisF said:

Blerrie miracle we survived those days ...

Not a miracle - the guardian angels from back then were gym freaks, huge muscled ripped and pumped angels, more like bouncers, I tell you - there is no other explanation for it!????

21 hours ago, Robbie Stewart said:

The short version. 

Chaffed… not heard that in a long time. ????

On 11/26/2021 at 8:58 AM, Trashy said:

I've got no horse in this race, but some of these responses absolutely perplex me.

The initial request was non confrontational, and not grossly unreasonable.

Are people really so insecure that they need to assert themselves for no reason other than to boost their fragile egos?

Absolutely agree. Correct response is "sorry man. We`ll congregate on the other side" 

22 hours ago, Robbie Stewart said:

The short version. 

Nice story. Of course one could be the muppet coming home from his chicks house stone cold sober at 2am cos her old man doesn't want him to sleep over who just happened to be coming around the corner as that doosmobile skids across the double white line.... But that didn't happen here so... Cool story Bru. 

Wasn't me... Wasn't 1996... Did happen. 

13 minutes ago, Mamil said:

Nice story. Of course one could be the muppet coming home from his chicks house stone cold sober at 2am cos her old man doesn't want him to sleep over who just happened to be coming around the corner as that doosmobile skids across the double white line.... But that didn't happen here so... Cool story Bru. 

Wasn't me... Wasn't 1996... Did happen. 

I've been the sober guy driving his girlfriend home being hit by the drunk idiot.

I'm alive, she is not. He is free somewhere. Life eh....

1 minute ago, Jewbacca said:

I've been the sober guy driving his girlfriend home being hit by the drunk idiot.

Exactly. We can all slap each other's backs and tell main booi stories about how stupid we were (including me).... It's not cool. Its moronic and deserving of shame not celebration. 

1 minute ago, Mamil said:

Exactly. We can all slap each other's backs and tell main booi stories about how stupid we were (including me).... It's not cool. Its moronic and deserving of shame not celebration. 

100%.

Unfortunately our country glorifies not only drinking, but the stupid things done while drunk.

We can all share "cool" stories about the drunk things done in our youth, but then we hear a story about a group of cyclists being taken out by a drunk driver, then suddenly doing stupid things while drunk is no longer cool.

9 minutes ago, Jewbacca said:

A story told by many, and a story that should never have happened.

My sincere condolences for your loss.