• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, rorydewet said:

these attorneys deserve a medal

maybe now the message might get out there that you will be held liable

does anyone know in terms of COVID if the public can attend the court

If you haven't been to court before you should go - its an eye-opening experience 🙂

They take your name and temp before you enter the court building. If I remember correctly court 3 doesn't have lots of seating and the courts are normally full.

2 minutes ago, Vetplant said:

General attitude towards cyclists in our country means I am not getting back on a road bike soon, unless it is a full road closure event

Some idea of the attitudes out there:

https://www.4x4community.co.za/forum/showthread.php/352201-How-does-this-pic-make-you-feel

image.png.992d546da5ab7f2e221dc3eb2726abce.png

image.png.803822acbc66db981eb9fd21d0539308.png

Some of these were obviously supposed to be said in jest, but goodness that is in poor taste.

you need to get off the 4x4 forums, that place is toxic

53 minutes ago, ouzo said:

I do somehow get the feeling they are connected to to Piehl in someway, perhaps they were his Attorneys on retainer.

Whatever the reason, Kudos to them. May justice prevail

the link to the audio clip earlier she mentioned that they approached the families out of their own because they belong to the same cycling club/association or something, do the same events etc...and that she rides that same route where he was killed.

6 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

the amount of hate speech in that forum will make 1000's of lawyers rich and there won't be enough jails in SADC to house all of the criminals

i know what picture i paint in my head when i think of the average user in that forum....

16 minutes ago, Vetplant said:

General attitude towards cyclists in our country means I am not getting back on a road bike soon, unless it is a full road closure event

https://www.4x4community.co.za/forum/showthread.php/352201-How-does-this-pic-make-you-feel

Some of these were obviously supposed to be said in jest, but goodness that is in poor taste.

I'm 100% with you on this one, MTB it is.  Unfortunately, even as a fellow cyclists, I regularly see roadies behaving like dumb asses.  If you want to be respected on your bike, you need to return the favor.

The problem is a vehicle can do a lot more damage than your bicycle can do to him or his car, so rather stay as far as possible away from the damn cars.

51 minutes ago, Vetplant said:

image.png.992d546da5ab7f2e221dc3eb2726abce.png

image.png.803822acbc66db981eb9fd21d0539308.png

There were also a good few people standing up to the comments in poor taste, and I see that the mods have now deleted the thread.

Not every 4x4 driver is a **** with small package complex.

27 minutes ago, Comrade J said:

Believe me the 4x4 forum is tame compared to Wild Dog Adverture Riders, those peeps still stuck at Blood River

When it comes to cycling I believe the Wilddog’s are far more accepting of cyclists than the 4 wheel crowd…politics aside. 

7 minutes ago, copperhead said:

Personally I think posting this on this thread is in pretty poor taste and shows no character. My opinion. This thread has gone absolutely out of shape. Probably a good time for me to leave the hub. 

Apologies. Removed. 

16 hours ago, copperhead said:

Personally I think posting this on this thread is in pretty poor taste and shows no character. My opinion. This thread has gone absolutely out of shape. Probably a good time for me to leave the hub. 

With no detraction from your comment, I can’t imagine that VP has any ill intent on his part.  I see his dismay at those idiotic attitudes of Willie Knoetze and Rainier Vermaak.   

Edited by justinafrika