Moriah “Mo” Wilson murder case

OVERDRIVE

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

43 minutes ago, Headshot said:

I'm willing to bet he is morally culpable (dirty lying cheat) but not a murderer. Have you read the police affidavit?

yeah I have. Its pretty damning

1 hour ago, Nihon Jitensha Shinkokai said:

"Mo money, mo murder, mo homicide"

Is that why the ANC leader neighbour has had so many burglaries-robberies in the last few years?  Those burglars have a looming expiry date on all that loot next door, the SIU recently attached and appropriated his property...

image.gif.5e556208a1a9ed0bc2b9eab8510053b1.gif

2 hours ago, DieselnDust said:

yes you were the only one :)

ok, should have just checked with you then.

I suppose you're also going to say you knew beforehand the Lone Star Fugitive Task Force was not from some made up cartoon series.

1 hour ago, Shebeen said:

ok, should have just checked with you then.

I suppose you're also going to say you knew beforehand the Lone Star Fugitive Task Force was not from some made up cartoon series.

Kristin Armstrong is a well known female cyclist not related to Lance 

she’s also in her late 40s now whereas Kaitlin Armstrong is in her  early 30s .

All they share is a lack of relation to Lance

No need to Google , just know your Armstrongs 😂

PS: On my first trip to Houston back in 2001, we had an awareness session with the local law enforcement and Fire Services. they go through every law enforcement department in the state and they don't joke. I don't think the Police chief smiled once during that 3 hr presentation....

As funny as Lone Star Fugitive Task Force sounds, they have a real problem with escaped prisoners in the US. I got the impression Man hunts were an everyday thing.

Edited by DieselnDust

What I am having a hard time with is that Colin is not implicated in the actual murder. Yes, there are circumstances surrounding the event that puts him in close proximity to it all, but that should be handled by the courts of law, not the ones of social justice.

If society is now baying for blood by cancelling the sponsorship deals he has due to some perception that he will tarnish the brand, that is a slippery slope that would inevitably lead to innocent people paying a price they should not have to pay. This is my main gripe with the cancel culture that is so pervasive in the world today. We have to live our lives in a way that the masses approve of, or else we too may find ourselves ostracised.

I'm not saying that Colin is a clean whistle, but I am not for his shunning so soon into the turn of events. Let the courts decide what his involvement is and let that be the judge of behaviour.

If society starts to decide who may, and who may no longer, then all of us are handed over to the whim of the day. That's a dangerous place to be methinks.

1 hour ago, PhilipV said:

Suspect no1 is still on the run and the press is already calling all his sponsors to ask wether he has been thrown under the bus yet, 

He’s a public profile, some sponsors either announced that they were stepping back or quietly removed links to Strickland from their social feeds.

So ‘the press’ as in cycling media, would then have a responsibility to follow up with sponsors and request comment/clarification. If they didn’t then people would moan about that.

Personally I’m very much in agreement with the post above by  @Robbie Stewart

This 'social justice' happens all the time with high profile disputes. 

People feel the need to pick a side or a narrative that they can easily align with.

Look at the Jonny Depp v Amber Heard thing, this, Brangelina, Black Coffee, the local dude who was accused of infidelity and spreading STi's on a social media video etc.... 

That local guy lost his job, lost his sponsors and his livelihood and it turned out she was lying. 

Social media is damning most often by people who have absolutely no idea what is actually going on. 

By all accounts Strickland was cooperative with the police, showed remorse and admitted to feeling somewhat responsible for the whole debacle.

We don't KNOW what transpired between the 3 of them, so we can't possibly know who is to blame for what. 

By all accounts, threads like this are responsible for the guy losing his sponsors. All the conjecture, the judging and the speculation immediately paints him and his sponsors in a difficult position. 

If he didn't do anything but have a nefarious relationship with Mo and buy a gun for his business partner then the mob has just ruined a guy who is probably already pretty ruined by the whole thing.

If he was more involved, then the truth will come out eventually, the right way