Moriah “Mo” Wilson murder case

OVERDRIVE

38 minutes ago, Jewbacca said:

This 'social justice' happens all the time with high profile disputes. 

People feel the need to pick a side or a narrative that they can easily align with.

Look at the Jonny Depp v Amber Heard thing, this, Brangelina, Black Coffee, the local dude who was accused of infidelity and spreading STi's on a social media video etc.... 

That local guy lost his job, lost his sponsors and his livelihood and it turned out she was lying. 

Social media is damning most often by people who have absolutely no idea what is actually going on. 

By all accounts Strickland was cooperative with the police, showed remorse and admitted to feeling somewhat responsible for the whole debacle.

We don't KNOW what transpired between the 3 of them, so we can't possibly know who is to blame for what. 

By all accounts, threads like this are responsible for the guy losing his sponsors. All the conjecture, the judging and the speculation immediately paints him and his sponsors in a difficult position. 

If he didn't do anything but have a nefarious relationship with Mo and buy a gun for his business partner then the mob has just ruined a guy who is probably already pretty ruined by the whole thing.

If he was more involved, then the truth will come out eventually, the right way

so, basically you're saying this is none of my business? if so, you're spot on. thanks for the sanity check

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Jewbacca said:

This 'social justice' happens all the time with high profile disputes. 

People feel the need to pick a side or a narrative that they can easily align with.

Look at the Jonny Depp v Amber Heard thing, this, Brangelina, Black Coffee, the local dude who was accused of infidelity and spreading STi's on a social media video etc.... 

That local guy lost his job, lost his sponsors and his livelihood and it turned out she was lying. 

Social media is damning most often by people who have absolutely no idea what is actually going on. 

By all accounts Strickland was cooperative with the police, showed remorse and admitted to feeling somewhat responsible for the whole debacle.

We don't KNOW what transpired between the 3 of them, so we can't possibly know who is to blame for what. 

By all accounts, threads like this are responsible for the guy losing his sponsors. All the conjecture, the judging and the speculation immediately paints him and his sponsors in a difficult position. 

If he didn't do anything but have a nefarious relationship with Mo and buy a gun for his business partner then the mob has just ruined a guy who is probably already pretty ruined by the whole thing.

If he was more involved, then the truth will come out eventually, the right way

got to agree with you. The amount of 'knowledge' the okes on this thread have of the actual events is astounding.

Sponsors see reputational risk in a situation like this. There were three people involved in this sorry tale. One is dead, one on the run and one losing sponsors. Its quite clear that Strickland was a major actor in what transpired, probably not guilty of murder but nonetheless his behaviour was causally linked to what happened. The sponsors actions are morally justified and probably legally (contractually) valid too. 

100% agree with Jewbacca. In a world full of gun toting "problem solvers" we also need to reflect on the tragedy of the loss of such a huge talent and the affected families left behind. I say let the cops do their work and wait for the outcome. Cluedo comments maybe a bit insensitive. 

• 2 weeks later...

some sort of update here, although still at large. story keeps getting weirder.

how do you fly around the country and hide? must need assistance of other people (or a big bag of cash).

https://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/Surrender-U-S-Marshals-send-message-to-Kaitlin-17209457.php

Meanwhile it has been reported that Colin Strickland, the man at the center of the alleged love triangle-turned-homicide, has gone "underground" after fleeing the state of Texas. 

According to the Daily Mail, a friend of the professional cyclist said Strickland is worried for his safety, and fears his girlfriend may target him next. “None of us can sleep. He’s staying out of sight until she’s caught. I do know where he is but I’m not mentioning where for his safety,” the friend told the tabloid. “’He’s not in Texas, he’s got completely out of Dodge."

It has also been revealed that a separate arrest warrant for Armstrong — which enabled police to bring her in for questioning, only to let her go the day after the killing — was on a 2018 larceny charge for skipping out on a $650 Botox procedure in a Travis County spa. An affidavit acquired by Fox News reveals that after the procedure was completed, Armstrong presented her MasterCard at the spa but said she had another card in her car that she would rather use. She allegedly walked out and never returned. 

37 minutes ago, Shebeen said:

Meanwhile it has been reported that Colin Strickland, the man at the center of the alleged love triangle-turned-homicide, has gone "underground" after fleeing the state of Texas. 

I'm not buying what this man is selling. I smell a rat dipped in excrement.

18 minutes ago, Robbie Stewart said:

I'm not buying what this man is selling. I smell a rat dipped in excrement.

Maybe, or maybe its just as straightforward as the current facts point out. Normal challenges of life that for the most part people go through, until something snaps or theres a moment of madness/weakness. 
Regardless it's fkn tragic for everyone who has been touched. From friends to family and even brief aqquantances. I can't help but feel sad as this story unfolds. 

15 minutes ago, Danger Dassie said:

Maybe, or maybe its just as straightforward as the current facts point out. Normal challenges of life that for the most part people go through, until something snaps or theres a moment of madness/weakness. 
Regardless it's fkn tragic for everyone who has been touched. From friends to family and even brief aqquantances. I can't help but feel sad as this story unfolds. 

I agree, it is very sad.

I am just struggling with the whole concept of having to go into hiding. That makes no sense to me whatsoever. I don't see any reason why he feels the need to hide away from Kaitlin in fear of his life. Is he such a scared man, or does he have something to hide?

Kaitlin is charged with murder, sure, but she does not strike me as someone who could easily overpower anyone, much less a man. 

And if this truly is a situation where he is fleeing a mad woman assailing him, then I'd have to question the effectiveness of the police to apprehend a known criminal. I get that in South Africa its a given that a murderer generally does not get found, but that's more to do with the poor policing standards employed here. But the US, being a first world country, should have zero excuse to not find a wanted murderer.

Something is not adding up here. Strickland has no valid excuse to be on the run from a mad person in my opinion.

2 minutes ago, Robbie Stewart said:

I agree, it is very sad.

I am just struggling with the whole concept of having to go into hiding. That makes no sense to me whatsoever. I don't see any reason why he feels the need to hide away from Kaitlin in fear of his life. Is he such a scared man, or does he have something to hide?

Kaitlin is charged with murder, sure, but she does not strike me as someone who could easily overpower anyone, much less a man. 

And if this truly is a situation where he is fleeing a mad woman assailing him, then I'd have to question the effectiveness of the police to apprehend a known criminal. I get that in South Africa its a given that a murderer generally does not get found, but that's more to do with the poor policing standards employed here. But the US, being a first world country, should have zero excuse to not find a wanted murderer.

Something is not adding up here. Strickland has no valid excuse to be on the run from a mad person in my opinion.

Dude, you have no idea what the actual details are other than what you have read.

Making assumptions and having an opinion on the matter from this side of the pond.

If he is having a poo/sleeping/in the shower and she sprays 13 x 9mm shells in his direction he is dead.

I'd certainly be scared if an armed woman who had allegedly killed someone already was potentially hunting me. 

BLAM! 50kg woman overpowers man having a poo by blowing his brains out with a 9mm.

I'm not sure which news you read either, but the American police force, their effectiveness and their competence is being seriously questioned daily. 

While she is at large, if the allegations are in any way correct, he has every right to slip away and remove himself from the public eye. 

so she hasn't used her credit or bank cards to by a bus ticket?

1. That Yoga Mat must have been rolled with cash inside. 3 Weeks on the run takes a bit of $$.If she's alive she's going to have to pop up in the financial and IT Network or her real name is Janette Borne

1 hour ago, Robbie Stewart said:

I agree, it is very sad.

There are a LOT of absolutes in there based on broad generalizations and references that have no basis. 

59 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

so she hasn't used her credit or bank cards to by a bus ticket?

1. That Yoga Mat must have been rolled with cash inside. 3 Weeks on the run takes a bit of $$.If she's alive she's going to have to pop up in the financial and IT Network or her real name is Janette Borne

Would venture that those kinds of resources would require various court orders and federal intervention, such as the FBI. Which would come into effect now that she's crossed state lines. 
??

1 hour ago, Jewbacca said:

Dude, you have no idea what the actual details are other than what you have read.

Making assumptions and having an opinion on the matter from this side of the pond.

If he is having a poo/sleeping/in the shower and she sprays 13 x 9mm shells in his direction he is dead.

I'd certainly be scared if an armed woman who had allegedly killed someone already was potentially hunting me. 

BLAM! 50kg woman overpowers man having a poo by blowing his brains out with a 9mm.

I'm not sure which news you read either, but the American police force, their effectiveness and their competence is being seriously questioned daily. 

While she is at large, if the allegations are in any way correct, he has every right to slip away and remove himself from the public eye. 

You should make that movie. 😂