Remco could not drop an amateur had to cry like a brat

me100

23 hours ago, Wyatt Earp said:

Looks, let’s face it.

Cycling always draws a pool of people, but it’s not always an even pool.

Genetically, the chasing bra is brilliant at posting videos.

I see what you did there…

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 1/20/2023 at 10:31 AM, J Wakefield said:

Have we established yet if the poster actually watched the video vs what he is crying like a brat about in the post?

OP is the one who complained about a plug in his tyre, claiming he was misled, and that all cyclists know plugs are a temporary fix. So he probably did watch the clip, but he also clearly has a very different view on the world 

Edited by sirmoun10goat
Typo

5 hours ago, sirmoun10goat said:

OP is the one who complained about a plug in his tyre, claiming he was misled, and that all cyclists know plugs are a temporary fix. So he probably did watch the clip, but he also clearly has a very different view on the world 

One may even say the OP had to cry like a brat. 

The title should read:

Remco dropped a wheelsucker after tolerating his unwanted "company" for quite a while...

Imagine a tennis pro practicing and some guy enters the court and start returning his serves... Or one can equate him to that guy on YouTube who puffs his chest and walks around bumping into big muscle guys...

Allow others the peace you'd like on a solo outride, not every outride should be a race.

On 1/20/2023 at 5:53 PM, me100 said:

Amateur holds the wheel and Remco whines - ruining the video.

what are you smoking, this is only got views because he was wheelsucking Remco and the splash screen is clickbait?

exhibit A: Artem wheelsucking Remco at 180bpm - 600k views in 8 days  

exhibit B: Artem and his buddies thrashing at 180bpm - 508 views in 12 years

On 1/21/2023 at 11:38 AM, devocean said:

Now you need to worry about this person every time you get in or out of the saddle, go around a pothole etc. Are you responsible for pointing out obstacles on the road now? And when you look over your shoulder to check for traffic, is this guy blocking you from seeing traffic?

I mean, I prefer a hello before you get in my draft, but other than that I have no issue with now having to point out obstacles and flapping my wings before getting out the saddle. Admittedly, it's not all that frequent, and people get in my draft because they want to hitch a ride, not because of the jersey I'm wearing, and they don't bury themselves trying to stay in my draft... 

On 1/20/2023 at 8:10 PM, Eugene said:

Pro or not, nothing more annoying than having someone wheelsuck you. 

I take pity on the poor person that is so *** they have to sit on my wheel. Isn't there someone pushing a twin's pram you can sit behind? man... 

I've never understood the fuss about randos wheelsucking. Maybe because I ride alone a lot of the time, so I'm used to sitting in the wind anyway? Or maybe because I don't give a ballsack hair about the "performance" of my ride (time, average speed etc)? What does a wheelsucker actually do to detract from your ride? 

Sure, it's maybe dangerous if he's half-wheeling you on a bad road, but that's very seldomly the case and, when it is, a quick and loud "DUDE?!?" with a show of the pimp-hand usually gets them to move.

I've rando wheelsucked plenty, especially when I was less fit, trying to get home a little earlier. I've also been rando wheelsucked a bunch, and generally it either results in helping a less experienced rider get home quicker / safely or a lekker impromptu race. 

This happens quite a bit to me. Riding intervals trying to hold a certain power target  and Mr Wheelsucker who you never even know is behind you decides he needs to take a turn to go pull. Now you have to pass him out of your power target or slow down. Interval ruined. Trying to explain to him but he thinks that you telling him to trade turns 😕 

2 hours ago, TyronLab said:

I've never understood the fuss about randos wheelsucking. Maybe because I ride alone a lot of the time, so I'm used to sitting in the wind anyway? Or maybe because I don't give a ballsack hair about the "performance" of my ride (time, average speed etc)? What does a wheelsucker actually do to detract from your ride? 

Sure, it's maybe dangerous if he's half-wheeling you on a bad road, but that's very seldomly the case and, when it is, a quick and loud "DUDE?!?" with a show of the pimp-hand usually gets them to move.

I've rando wheelsucked plenty, especially when I was less fit, trying to get home a little earlier. I've also been rando wheelsucked a bunch, and generally it either results in helping a less experienced rider get home quicker / safely or a lekker impromptu race. 

2 hours ago, TyronLab said:

Yeah it happens plenty but it's nice when it starts with a "hi" and ends with a "thanks", even better if on a windy day we can take turns (then it no longer is wheelsucking though). It happens all the time blouberg side that we end up with one other guy taking turns as the headwind can really end up being a block headwind.

As for intervals on the road, it can often be a bit annoying for other people too, I had the case once when I was doing ronestads up suikerbossie where a guy I just passed to end up recovering in front of, then re-pass him. As much as I tried to stay as far left as I could when I was in front of him, he wasn't so happy 😅

Edited by Jbr