Where has your bike taken you today?

An3

When I was working "up the road" from the Circus, we used to frequent them for many lunches. During one of the many talks, they did say that they would carry on giving "circus" performances as corporate events, but not at their venue, as they no longer had the big top tent.

Not sure how much has changed since then, as I heard Karen and Robert were overseas.

• Replies 30.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• ChrisF

Top Posters In This Topic

Took The Hulkbuster out for its first proper test yesterday.

attachicon.gif20200614_084815-01.jpeg

Went exploring some old disused mine dump access roads and pipelines in my area ('Capies have picturesque gravel passes, we have mine dumps, making lemonade and all that). Hit some toxic looking sludge-mud mine run-off that I thought was solid, managed to cover my shoes, kit and bike in gunk. Pretty sure I inhaled some cyanide. FUN!  If very nippy fun.

attachicon.gif20200614_075854-01.jpeg

Ran into two vagrants under the bridge, seemed friendly but I decided, randomly, that I could use a 5min VO2 max interval...

attachicon.gif20200614_084746-01.jpeg

Still loving this bike, can't believe the difference in comfort, grip and confidence. Having issues with the seatpost sliding into the frame when seated pedalling on bumpy surfaces. Tightened up the clamp to the point where I'm not comfortable doing it any more, might need to look at an assembly compound.

As icing on the cake, took my first ride with my daughter when I got home. She's finally built up enough confidence and skill to ride alongside me. Absolutely fantastic experience!

attachicon.gif20200614_084815-03.jpeg

Fark i thought i recognized that dirt road under the hiway and rondebult road

Used to ride my mtb under those bridges 20 yrs ago... and yes there were often groups of "vagrants" camping under there in those days

For Ouzo:

The tent, before it was taken down. Costs to keep

The food is good, especially the burgers, tramezzini and pancakes. Coffee and Banana bread special is also good value.

0e30d3c9c2d28b7fab3bab7e7a1165fb.jpg

Thanks for making me scoff down my lunch at 09:15 in the morning after seeing that burger.

Only been to the circus once, had a great breakfast that was reasonably priced. The Circus is to Alberton what Broodblik is to Benoni.

Fark i thought i recognized that dirt road under the hiway and rondebult road

Used to ride my mtb under those bridges 20 yrs ago... and yes there were often groups of "vagrants" camping under there in those days

Well spotted old chap! You're spot on. I've always wanted to explore it since I've been a little kid imagining ripping dirtbikes in the veld alongside the car while driving somewhere with my parents. 

For interest sake, they're busy re-mining the dumps. With the advancement of technology its actually viable as they're getting a substantial amount of minerals out of it that the original processing didn't get to. So the site is active again. Positive side-effect is that the dumps (and associated dust) are busy disappearing. Soon the east rand won't even have mine dumps to classify as hills.

Lekka Deil! What was the madmassoille doing?

Seeing that it’s France, we can safely assume she was starting a revolution.

Not "Talking bout a revolution...."?

Maybe we should take this to the Volvo thread where they are talking about Fast Cars

Camps bay winter sunsets....

Sunrise yesterday morning was absolutely stupendous........with a little sliver of crescent moon above, Venus shining brightly next to it in the dark blue sky of the retreating night and the red and orange of the new day creeping over the horizon...........sadly I had to rush to work in the stinky tin can and never took a picture of it. :blush:

Edited by DJR